24| Guilt and Pleasure

"Why are you so angry? Not everyone feels comfortable around a big crowd," Sungjin asked his younger brother after finding out about their argument, "She's your wife, for God's sake. Treat her kindly, instead of making her feel even worse than she already does."

Jungkook sighed and leaned back, not enjoying this conversation at all. He knew he was in trouble when his brother had asked him to have a little talk at their father's home-office, but he didn't think it was going to be such a big deal.

"Hyung, I've always respected and listened to you, we both know that. However, I don't see why you should be concerned about my relationship with Seohyun. Worry about Izumi, you guys are getting married soon."

"We are a family, Jungkook. And seeing you act like a total jerk confuses me," Sungjin stated and walked towards a bookshelf behind Dong Guk's desk, "It doesn't matter how old you get, I'll always be your older brother. Nothing can change that, not even my own wedding. I know I've been quite busy the last few months, but trust me, I know what you're up to."

Jungkook rolled his eyes and watched as the other viewed every single novel their father had collected over the time.

"When I was a child, Mom had forced me to read those. Until this day, I remember every single title of Dad's favorite books. It's crazy, isn't it? I hated reading, but this was my only chance to get closer to him.. and actually have something in common."

"You're Dad's favorite," the doctor smirked.

"And you're Mom's."

They both laughed and Sungjin took a seat next to Jungkook.

"He used to be so strict with me, I don't even want to recall my childhood memories.."

"That's because you're going to take over his business soon, Hyung. He just wanted to make sure that you'll do a good job. If you ask me, I think he's actually really proud of you."

"Thanks, Kooks."

"It's nothing."

"You do realize that I'm still upset about the thing with Seohyun, right?"

"Hyung!" Jungkook whined and threw his head back, "Can you just stop? I'll take care of it."

"I'm serious, apologize to your wife. What if Haeun sees her being this sad? How would she react if she knew that it was her own father who made Seohyun cry?"

"She won't find out, we never fight in front of her."

"Yes, but that's because she's just a child now. Let her age a little bit, as soon as she gets older, she'll start to notice."

"What, you think we will never stop arguing?"

"Have you done anything else in the past few weeks?"

"How would you know?"

"Seohyun talks to Izumi, and Izumi talks to me."

Jungkook widened his eyes and became even angrier. Was Seohyun seriously complaining about him? Why would she do that? He never talked about their arguments with anyone besides Jaewon sometimes.

Woah, I always thought that she valued her privacy.. seems like that's not the case.

"Come on, let's go back to the party. I think you understood my point," his older brother said and quickly left the room after getting a message from Izumi, leaving Jungkook alone with his thoughts which were getting worse with every passing second.

--

"Noona, have you seen Jungkook anywhere?" Sana asked as she approached Young Ae in the kitchen, "I want to talk to him!"