5| Date Night

Sunday, 7 PM

"Jungkook's making things difficult. Although we had a great time at the cinema, he hasn't answered any of my text messages yet. It's confusing, but you know how much I love challenges," Jimin spoke into the phone, busy packing his suitcase.

"Of course I do, Jimin. He's probably just feeling guilty because of his wife. Don't give up!"

"Noona, when have I ever? As soon as I'm back in Seoul, I'll try harder."

"Oh yeah, I forgot: you're Park Jimin. You always get what you want, am I right?"

"You know me well. Anyway, how was the show? Sorry, I wasn't able to watch it. Going to the movies was a spontaneous idea," he changed the topic and wondered what kind of clothes he should wear at the airport tomorrow. Something more casual or chic?

"It was fun, but Kwangsoo just didn't stop flirting with me. That guy is hella ugly, but at least he has some money. Maybe he should consider spending it on a few more beauty products."

"Woah, you're so mean!"

"But it's true, isn't it? I'm just being honest."

"Whatever you say, Noona. I don't know what he was expecting though. Like, did he seriously think that you would be interested?"

"Exactly! What a weirdo, I don't even feel bad for embarrassing him in front of the others when he asked me out."

Jimin smiled when he heard Jieun laugh on the other line. The singer truly could be nasty sometimes, but hey, who wasn't?

"Okay, I really need to go back to the studio. Have a safe flight and tell your father I said hi."

"I will. See you soon!"

When he hung up, someone suddenly knocked on his door.

"Come in."

A beautiful woman in her early 40's walked into the room, wearing an extravagant Gucci dress with matching shoes and expensive looking jewelry. Jimin frowned.

"Mom, what are you doing here? How did you get in?"

"Eun Jung let me in. She finished cleaning the house and was about to head home when I rang the doorbell," Sarang explained, putting the black clutch on the dresser next to her.

"But you're supposed to be in France."

"I know, but my flight was canceled, so I'm going to stay in Seoul for some days. What about you?"

"Well, I was planning to rest after packing my bags for Busan, but it's still a nice suprise," he smiled and turned back to his big closet.

"You're visiting your father, right? I'll already be gone when you come back, so we won't see each other until the end of October."

"Wait, you're not going to be here on my birthday?" he asked in confusion.

Again?

"I promise to send you a lot of presents, Jiminie. You can visit me, too!"

He didn't say anything and just continued packing. His silence made the woman sigh.

"Honey, I really do feel bad for missing it two years in a row, but-"

"But you have to go because of work, blah blah. Mom, it seems like you're not able to stay in Korea for more than 2 months. It's getting ridiculous, really. Look at me, I'm a highly demanded supermodel, but I don't travel as much as you do! Ever since you and dad got divorced, it feels like you're not a part of my life anymore," Jimin finally admitted after repressing his true feelings for more than two years now. His dad was already living 202 miles away from him, he didn't need his mother to become a stranger too.