45| Imagine A World Like That

"Jungkook, talk to me!" Seohyun whined, closing the door behind her. Jungkook loosened his tie and made his way inside the living room, clearly not happy about his wife's sudden idea of having another baby. The doctor didn't want a second child, he couldn't even take care of their first one. They weren't in a happy relationship, Jungkook was cheating on her and fuck- he didn't understand how Seohyun had actually thought that this would be a good idea.

"I already gave you my answer," he sighed and took his jacket off before throwing it on the sofa. Jungkook was tired, really tired and Seohyun was getting on his nerves.

Especially since she was drunk.

"But why not? Maybe this could help us to get closer-"

"That's why you want to have another child? Because you think that it would solve all of our problems?" He scoffed, walking back and forth, "Are you even listening to yourself? This is a big deal, Seohyun. A child would only make things more difficult for us, and most importantly: I'm not going to let our issues destroy the happiness of an innocent human being."

"Do you have a better idea? Tell me, Jungkook! If family can't bring us closer, what else will? Haeun could have a sibling to play with, and we'll work on our relationship by starting a new chapter in our life. It sounds perfect, doesn't it?" Seohyun asked, eyes watering. She was desperate, and the fact that Jungkook didn't even consider having a second baby made her really upset.

She needed another child.

"Seohyun-"

"Don't you want to expand our family?" She stated, a frown on her face, "Isn't this why we got married in the first place, Kookie? To have a future together?"

Jungkook pressed his lips together.

Future?

With Seohyun?

Could he actually see himself becoming old with her? Having her by his side until..

..he took his last breath?

Deep down, Jungkook already knew the answer. But the truth was so painful, he chose to ignore it.

"All we do is fight, and Haeun is starting to notice that too. The baby won't grow up in a happy environment," Jungkook finally answered, "We wouldn't be able to take care of it."

"Of course we can! I'm ready to be a parent of two, Jungkook."

"Well, I'm not."

There was a long silence after that, both just staring at each other. Seohyun saw the seriousness in her husband's eyes and looked away, letting out a shaky breath.

"You're probably just tired and confused," she uttered and put on a forced smile, "Of course you'd want to have more children."

"Seohyun-" Jungkook started and rolled his eyes, but she interrupted him again.

"Our fights makes us think weirdly about each other, but at the end, we'll always stay together. Just as promised, am I right? Remember the vows we made, Kookie. We're married and just finished celebrating our fifth anniversary."

"Seohyun, you're too drunk. I'm not going to continue arguing with you. Just accept that there won't be another child."

"No, you're drunk!" She hissed and stumbled towards the stairs, "Let's discuss this tomorrow."

"Wait."

Seohyun stopped walking but didn't turn around, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"I'm busy tomorrow. Tell Haeun that we'll have to postpone our father-daughter day to a later date," he said coldly. The doctor knew that this sounded harsh, but maybe it'd help to get his point across.