Chapter 66: Flight

The days following my departure from Starbucks had all seemed to string together, flying by so at the end of the week, I found myself wondering where the time had gone. It seemed like the end of each day came too quickly and a new day started before I was done with the previous one.

        I was spending a great deal of time situated on Zack's bed, or at the kitchen counter, going over every piece of information about The Lovely Broken. Other times, I was at the studio, listening to the boys record, or with Matt, paying attention to him attempting to explain how to manage a band. However, the lesson always ended up turning into a wild story from an All Time Low tour, causing the guys to chime in, arguing that it hadn't happened that way or agreeing with the events. It was always amusing to watch them talk, or argue, with each other, but it only left me feeling as if I hadn't learned anything useful. It also made time move by much quicker.

        Before I knew it, summer turned into fall. All Time Low traveled occasionally, playing a few random shows. For Thanksgiving, we all flew back to Baltimore. My parents were glad I'd finally made it home, and my brother was even around for a few days.

        After that, we were back in California, the boys finishing their recording of their new album, tying loose ends and planning te tour they had set for the spring. They would be in Brazil for a few shows in January, mid-February to mid-March they would be in Europe, and then until early May they would be touring the States.

        Stella and I were staying in California while they toured Europe, but we would both go with them for the North American leg of their tour. I wasn't happy about the idea of a month of separation from Zack, since we hadn't been apart for long since we reuinted, but Stella was reassuring, continuously telling me nothing would happen. She had faith in us, the same faith she had in her and Alex, which had only grown when he announced that after their tour ended, they would get married.

        We had all been back home for Christmas, the entire group, including families, gathering at Alex's parent's house for dinner on Christmas Eve, when Alex had stood up and told everybody that Stella and him planned to set a date for the next summer. The look on Stella's face told us she hadn't known he was planning it, and he was surprising her, but she had been ecstatic nonetheless.

        That announcement launched Stella and I into wedding planning, including Kara when she could fly out, and that took up the little free time between trying to manage a band and spending time with Zack. Once again I couldn't say I minded. The feeling of always having something to do or somehwere to be wasn't new to me, but having a permanent job and friends was a better way to spend time than stuying and standing behind a conter. It also gave Stella and me something to do while the boys were busy, and it made time without them move much faster.

        Right before the boys left for their European part of their tour, I was flown to Boston to meet with The Lovely Broken for the first time. Right away, I could see how similar they were to All Time Low. Although their lead singer was a girl, the group was just as rambunctious, just as loud, and just as family-like as the guys were. I knew almost right off the bat that they would be a handful, but I knew that it would be worth it. They were the type of people who were comfortable with you from the beginning of the conversation, whether they'd known you for their entire lives or ten minutes. I knew they would have no trouble going on tour with the guys.

        They flew back to Los Angeles with me to meet the boys, including Matt, for the first time, and learn just who they were gong on tour with. I could see how surprised they were when All Time Low walked into the conference room, it wasn't hard to see that the boys' music was liked by the entire band.

        After a few days, The Lovely Broken and All Time Low were boy gone from LA, returning a month later to get ready for the US tour. I was excited to be leaving with them, to see all the favorite places they'd talked about from years of touring. I didn't even mind getting up that morning for our early flight.