Chapter 10- "Bloodstream"

Ello guys. Another update, and yes I know it’s late. I am so sorry. I totally meant to update it on time but then time was like ‘ha nope’ and so, now you have a late chapter.

Answer: Pirates of the Caribbean obviously aha. Like who doesn’t freaking love Pirate Jonny Depp like what? And, the two best questions in the Q&A (this was an extremely hard decision) was from @SmilingNiallxxx for her parrot question, and @BriannaThornton6 for her deep one. :)

Dedication: @ImInHere, @AmazingDreamerX, @taryneckert, @obsessedwith5boys, @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @SmilingNiallxxx, @SimplyObnoxious_x, @dearest-niall, @xStylzx (you guessed a close second: Alice in Wonderland), @Nevermind_MP (for the detailed comment) & @BriannaThornton6.

Words: 2286

THANK YOU ALL FOR COMMENTING QUESTIONS!!!!!! {And for just commenting at all really.}

Song on the side fits the chapter. ‘Bloodstream’ by Ed Sheeran

Enjoy!

*************

It seemed my high spirits were not meant to last, with how fast everything twisted around. But I guess I shouldn’t have trusted him, trusted him to actually want to be here. We were just the better option in his handful of choices. I was just a little better than the brute in the market. Of course we weren’t his first choice, he had a family he could go home to, and he had a life and a future and friends. And we were just the people to take him away from all of that. We were nothing to him, at least, that’s what him leaving would prove. It’s what he had proved- ignoring the disgusted looks shot my way after that meeting over the map. He hadn’t really even given me much of a chance to tell him otherwise, tell him the real meaning of us searching for the elixir of life, but ignorance is bliss and he wasn’t too keen on talking to me.

It had been almost 20 minutes since the island that would allow him access back to his home- the island where he would hopefully find the coins I had slipped into his pocket so he could get home- and there was still no timid knock on the door. The knock that would prove to me that Harry hadn’t left, making my sadness skyrocket. I shook my head, rolling my eyes at how attached I had gotten to the curly-haired boy in the short time I had known him. It was never supposed to happen like this. Maybe we could go looking for him again, take him as a prisoner claiming he had run away. I would have him again, not with his opinion, but I would have him. I knew it was wrong to think that way, but the urge to keep him with me was almost overwhelming. He could hate me if he wanted to, but I wish I had never given him the choice to leave. He could see me as disgusting and selfish, but I would be able to protect him, watch him smile and laugh, I would have him with me still.

That thought terrified me though, because never had I ever been so attached to someone, let alone in such a short amount of time. He was my weakness, but somehow also my strength. I had grown a fondness for the boy, a fondness that terrified me. I was not in love with him, I was not smitten, and I couldn’t even confirm I fancied him. But I didn’t know this feeling, I’ve never had this feeling. Maybe I did fancy the lad a bit, but that wouldn’t change my current predicament in any way. He was gone, and no matter what I felt would bring him back. He was happy without us, happy away from us, and I didn’t want to be the one to take away his happiness- even if it kills me because I’m not his happiness. I don’t think I ever will be, but it was something I should have known by now.

 No one loves a pirate.

Besides, who could love someone who didn’t even love themselves? 

After a bit of wallowing in my own self-pity, I sat up, scrubbing my hands over my face in frustration. Yes, he was gone, and yes I would miss him but there was no use in worrying about the past. What’s done is done, and nothing I did was going to affect it in any way. It would affect the future, but never the past. So I took a deep breath, and pretended to smile, pretended to not worry or think about what had happened on the deck. I pretended that it wasn’t confusing me, that it wasn’t hurting me, that it hadn’t affected me, but I didn’t think I would have anyone convinced let alone myself. Reality was a painful obvious on this ship, we have known each other for so long, that nothing gets by us anymore- not when it comes to one another. I could tell that Zayn was already quite fond of Harry, and that it tore him apart when he left. That Liam was happy that Zayn had someone to confide in about being a prisoner, and he too had a bit of a soft spot for the younger lad. I knew Louis and him got on well, and Nick was a bit wary but still liked him a bit- only because he was in love with Louis and still had a bit of a protective and possessive streak when it came to the blue eyed lad. I knew that some of the crew were honestly indifferent, and some questioned if he would make it, some questioned if he would stay had he been given the choice. Some were worried he would leave, and they didn’t want to get too attached, those people were correct, and I wished I had followed their example and treated him like any other prisoner. At least then he would still be on the ship.