Chapter 11- "the stowaway"

Well hello again my lovely readers. How art thou?

Answer: Green, Peter Pan, Tarzan, Toy Story (and Pirates of the Caribbean because I didn’t even know it was considered Disney so)

Dedication: @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @SmilingNiallxxx, @TineLoveHarry, @obsessedwith5boys, @horan_crazymofo, @taryneckert, @karrystyles12, @DirtySeagull, & @narry_2go.

Enjoy :)

I know this chapter is a bit short, but chapters will lengthen soon, and the drama will pick up. Just be patient with me yeah?

*******************

I stood frozen, just staring at the mess of curls atop the lad’s head, wondering if maybe- just maybe- he had decided to stay. But the sad smile on Zayn’s face told me otherwise, it told me that it wasn’t my lad, rather a real stowaway that had probably boarded when we had found the key. The boy lifted his head, watching me with worry filled chocolate colored eyes. He looked eerily similar to Harry, although he seemed to be a bit younger, and his hair was a little less wild. I was sure that his smile would be different too, but right now the lad looked terrified, and I didn’t think he would smile for me just so I could compare him to another lad who just walked from my life. It would be best for him if he strayed from reminding me of Harry, then again, based off his appearance it seems like that was quite the daunting task.

I glanced back up at Zayn, wondering what the hell he wanted me to do with the lad, and why he had brought him to me. The red flag was raised, he knew what that meant. Even though this was a different circumstance, I wasn’t really in the mood for prisoners, it was another mouth to feed, and the fact that he looked so much like Harry killed me a bit. He looked just as disoriented as I felt, and I sighed deeply. He knew that in a similar circumstance, we would have had the stowaway walk off the ship, or kill him/her and get rid of the body. Maybe it was the fact that he looked like Harry that caused Zayn to feel mercy upon the lad.

“What’s your name boy?” I questioned, and his eyes reflecting his fear. I knew I was not in the best mood to handle a stowaway, especially not one that looked so much like Harry- especially one I had hoped was Harry.

“Brad-dley sir.” He stuttered, looking down at the worn wood of the floor, his stuttering giving him away.

“And what are you doing on my ship?” I hissed and he flinched.

“I’m sorry, please don’t kill me! Please! I’m sorry, I had no other choice!” He insisted, but didn’t answer my question. His voice was low, but not as low as Harry’s. I almost smacked myself at that thought, deciding to forget about Harry, to stop comparing the lad to him. It would only bring us both trouble.

“That doesn’t answer the question.” Zayn stated, shaking the boy a bit because of the strong grip on the back of his neck. The boy shook, probably rethinking even boarding this ship and all of his life choices before that led him to this.

“I needed a ride, I couldn’t- I couldn’t continue what I was doing anymore. I had no other choice.” He insisted again, eyes frantic. “Please, please don’t send me back. Kill me, just don’t send me back.” He added, eyes wild and pleading.

“Do we seem like the generous type of people?” I questioned, honestly curious. Maybe letting Harry leave made us seem weak.

“No-no sir, I just, I had to get away.” He answered slowly this time, looking down at his feet once again- his bare feet- while shaking his head. I looked over what he was wearing, wondering what could have been so bad that he would seek refuge in a pirate ship. His trousers were a little tighter than usual, and the shirt he wore was spread open revealing his chest, his feet bare, and upon closer inspection I noticed a small welted area on his wrist. That was when it all clicked.

“You’re a whore.” I stated simply, piecing everything together. Zayn tensed a bit, as did the lad before he nodded slowly. I nodded in understanding, glancing over at Zayn whose eyes unconsciously moved to his own faded mark.

“Please, I beg of you, please don’t send me back.” He whimpered, hands going out in a sign of surrender, his eyes watering at the thought of going back. I sighed deeply, glancing over at Zayn whose expression changed to one of worry- a small frown on his lips. He was worried for the boy, that I knew. Zayn had a big heart of gold that he wore on his sleeve, and sometimes I wondered why he had agreed to being a pirate. Then again, he was a fantastic actor, and he was also in love with Liam so that would explain it. He could empathize with others in the same situation as he was in all those years back, he knew what it was like.

“I take it, you aren’t one by choice?” I asked, instead of immediately assuming. He didn’t seem to want to be one, but no one really does when they realize what it means, but by then, there’s no way out. I also knew that Zayn was slightly sensitive about the term- whore- having heard it quite a bit when he was one. The boy rapidly shook his head no, but that wasn’t enough for me.

“I was taken as a child, trained to be what I am. We were poor, and my mother had been taken the day before to be lynched because she couldn’t pay the taxes. I was orphaned and living on the streets when they picked me up and made me do it. I didn’t have a choice.” He elaborated and I nodded in understanding again. I looked at Zayn, feeling the lad’s anxious gaze on the side of my face. He raised an eyebrow, questioning me, questioning what I would do. I glanced at the lad one last time, before sighing again.

“Take him to the brig, he’ll stay there until I decide what to do with him.” I commanded, turning on my heel before heading back into my quarters to wallow in self-deprecating thoughts. A ‘yes captain’ following me, and a scared whimper breaching my thoughts.

*****************

Its short I know, and I am really, really, sorry. But, I had to cut it off there. Although, the chapters will get progressively longer.

Brad on the side (played by Bradley William Simpson from the Vamps)

Who is the lad?

Will he be important later on?

Where is Harry?

Did he truly leave?

Will he be back?

What will happen to this lad? Will they kill him, give him back?

What other ships are on this one?

Did this chapter throw you off?

What will happen next?

Lots of questions, but I have to build up the suspense. It’s going to be awesome when the sh*t hits the fan, promise.

Real question of the chapter:

Any stories you guys really love on here?

AND

(Based off pure curiosity) what is your gender? {Don’t feel pressured to share if you don’t want to :)}

Dedication to:

The commenter with:

The best guess as to how many siblings I have?

Or

My favorite singer (not band or group){hint: think British}?

100 comments for an update by Tuesday

P.S. you are all amazing, despite what anyone else thinks or says. You are worth it.

Xx Val