Chapter 21- "The glowing falls"

Another update, yay! Bit early, but that's because I love you guys!

Answer: Black and white, and spring.

Dedication: @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @obsessedwith5boys (happy belated birthday btw), @xStylzx, @thefangirlfeels, @taryneckert, @karrystyles12, @PrettyYoung_17, @dearest-niall, & @Nimraaaa.

Shoutout to: @Nevermind_MP for a very detailed response.

Important author's note at the end.

2,184 words :)

(Some of you are trying to ruin my surprise ending... stop it... grrrr... aha)

----

I didn't stick around to watch the rest of the embrace, rather I turned around and leaned against the table, shoulders slumped and head down. A hand rested on my shoulder, rubbing soothing circles.

"I don't know which is worse: your situation or mine. I think you've got it worse, at least I had Zayn then lost him, but you've never had Harry. I'm sorry mate, maybe it's just not meant to be." I nodded at Liam's words, but stayed silent, the image burned to the back of my eyelids already. It hurt, really it did, and I couldn't help but feel like everything that happened was just a way to get himself and the other lad out of the dungeon. Rage boiled up inside of me, but I kept it down, I should have just kept them both down there.

Thoughts of the two of them down there together filled my mind then, swimming around, taunting me, tugging at my heart and begging me to cry. I refused, but the images didn't go away, they stayed- showing me what I couldn't have and why.

By the time I had opened my eyes Liam had left already, and the entire crew knew what had happened. They all knew it would probably be best to steer clear of me. Everyone kept their distance, and I decided that I didn't need to stay here. The crew knew what to do, and Cal knew where to take us. They would come get me when we arrived. So, I quickly walked down the steps, turning to the hallway that lead to my quarters without looking up from the deck. I didn't want to see if they were still embracing one another, I didn't want to see them together at all. I didn't want to see what could have been, had I been better- tried better.

I walked straight back to my quarters, shutting the door tightly behind me and only then did I look up. I was shocked to see a curly headed lad sat on my bed, nervously playing with his fingers. I knew it was Harry, but it surprised me that he was here, rather than with his lover somewhere else. He glanced up at me, his eyes showing how worried he was, but I couldn't make myself say anything, my mind still replaying their kiss.

"Louis wouldn't let me up to see you, and Luke said I should leave you alone, but I needed to talk to you." He said, leg bouncing up and down, eyes swimming with nervousness and fear like he was scared that I would throw him out. I nodded, raising an eyebrow to show him that I had heard what he had to say. "Don't do this, please don't do this."

"Do what?" I asked monotonously, staring at him and thinking of what he could mean.

"Don't shut me out again, please. I can't stand you shutting me out."

"Why would it matter, you have everything you need." I snapped, and he visibly flinched back at my defensive remark.

"I honestly was in shock. He doesn't like blokes, and I don't like him that way. He was just happy that you didn't execute him or have him rot down there or take him back to be a whore. It meant nothing to either of us, it meant nothing to me and I've told him that. You are the only person I want that with. So please, don't push me away, don't shut me out because it kills me when you do that. Ever since I left, I knew that you made me happy, you were all I needed and I wasted so much time that I could have had with you because of a miscommunication." He answered, tears in his eyes as he practically begged me to believe him. The funny thing was, I did. He stood up, walking up to me- where I was still pressed against the door- clutching my shirt tightly while looking at me with begging eyes.