Chapter 14- "Siren Island"

Hello everyone. So, in light of recent events, I've decided a couple things. I will continue to write, even after I've finished this story and 'Happily Ever After' and I will keep Zayn in all of my stories. Yes, he's no longer in the band, but he is still in the boys' lives, and still has a huge impact on each and every one of them. I'm supportive of not only him but the lads as well, and I just want them to be happy. As long as their happy.

Thank you @BrookieMonster7268 for the cover on the side.

Dedication: @obsessedwith5boys, @BriannaThornton6, @xStylzx, @karrystyles12, @narry_2go, @taryneckert, @Cxshtxn_, @horan_crazymofo, and @SimplyObnoxious_x.

Answer: Fireproof, Where do broken hearts go, Act my age, (No Control/ Change your ticket are like super close fourth place) (And it was so hard to pick 4, let alone three) & Bloodstream, Don't, Shirtsleeves.

Shout out to: @BeckyPayne007 (Hello new reader! I foresee a Narry kiss in the future, wink wink) & @narry_2go (soon I promise)

Words: 2,508 :)

Best comment gets a shoutout.

##############

The first thing I noticed was that I was underwater, the second thing I realized was I had no idea how I got here, and the third thing I noticed was that I was rapidly running out of air. My eyes were closed, knowing that the salt in the water would burn if I opened them. A movement snapped my eyes open however, and they immediately burned. What shocked me more however was the thing swimming in front of me. Its eyes huge black caverns, small sharp teeth protruding from under very thin lips. Its hair a stunning red, and it had a shimmering red tail that matched its hair. Only then did I remember what had happened before I found myself in the water, and I began to panic slightly. I was in the water with this siren, but I was completely aware of it. And now that I was looking for it, the song was gone.

The siren opened its mouth, revealing more rows of teeth rivalling those of a shark but longer, and in a panic I kicked myself backwards. I glanced around, eyes blurry and burning for anything or anyone that could help me. I saw the bottom of my ship far off, almost out of sight and I cursed, seeing all the sirens swimming idly now. None of them paid be any attention except for the red headed one. Apparently I was wrong with that assumption, because a set of strong, arms wrapped around me. At first I was overjoyed, thinking someone had jumped in to help me, but then I noticed the webbed hands and struggled further. I turned my head to the side, seeing the same face that the other had, but his hair was a light purple, along with his tail. It was one of the only men sirens I had seen, and that terrified me more than the woman one. This one had a bit of power over me and that scared me.

I saw him open his mouth, and I squirmed trying to leave his grip, trying to escape his hold. I didn't want to die this way, not without falling in love first. Not with this curse looming over me and the rest of my crew. I however, didn't really have much of a say.

My panicked thoughts were cut off by an excruciating pain shooting through me. It originated from my shoulder, and I opened my mouth to scream in agony, only allowing water to fill my mouth. I kicked my leg out, kicking the siren's tail, and effectively causing its grip and bite to loosen enough for me to swim away. I kicked away quickly, using only my right arm and legs to get away. I took a quick glance at my shoulder, seeing the blood leaking from it and into the sea. I also saw an angry looking siren swimming after me, causing me to speed up. The blood had caused all the sirens to snap their attention to us, and I hoped they would go towards the trail of blood rather than me, blocking the hungry siren that bit me from me.

It was incredibly difficult to swim with just one arm, and quite painful due to the drag of the water on my wound and my clothing sticking to the torn skin. Finally, finally, my head breached the water, and I gasped for air, my lungs burning. My throat was sore from the salt water, and a foul taste was left in my mouth, but I was alive and that was all that mattered at the moment. I spotted an island not far from me, and I sighed in relief. Maybe I wasn't dead yet, maybe I could make it.