Chapter 22- "The effects"

I wanted to thank each and every one of you. Without you this story couldn't be as good as it is, it wouldn't have been such fun to make. You are all amazing, and I appreciate each and every one of you.

You all deserve a dedication.

Dedication: @obsessedwith5boys, @Cxshtxn_, @karrystyles12, @WanukvPrincess, @TineLoveHarry, @NiallsIrishArse, @Nevermind_MP, @SimplyObnoxious_x, @XxLifeIsGoodxX, & @-imaginehoran.

The votes will be between 'Monster' and 'Nexus' now, so vote yeah?

~This is the happy ending~

-------

It was interesting, the taste. It wasn't exactly good, but it wasn't throw up- gagging- horrible either. After we all drank some- including Harry because as far as I was concerned he was on the ship long enough to have been effected by the curse- we stood around looking at one another. The moon was filtered through the hole, shining down and illuminating everything in this little cavern, causing Harry to practically glow. He smiled gently at me, dimples indenting his cheeks slightly, hair falling over his forehead and into his eyes, cheeks flushed pink from laughing at the disgusted face that Luke pulled. I smiled back happily, thinking that no matter what, this lad would be it for me. If it worked, if it didn't, if I died because of it- Harry was all I needed, all I wanted, and now that I had him there was no way I could be happier.

I felt a tingle run through my body, almost as if there were feathers swimming through my bloodstream, my hands shaking. The moon illuminated everything, and when I looked up it was almost like everyone else was glowing, to me, Harry looked like an angel. I didn't know what was happening, but I hoped that everything would be alright. We had spent so much time searching for this cure, and not enough time thinking of what it could actually do- what it would do to us. But I suppose it was too late to turn back now.

We all stood still, practically frozen, even as the moon continued to move and the cavern was thrust into darkness. I guessed that we were all afraid of what would happen, we wanted to stay still and live in the moment where we were safe. As if we would break if we moved, shattering into a billion pieces along with our hopes for freedom and love. I was terrified, but not for myself, and not even for the crew- as horrible as that sounded- but rather for the safety of Harry. I couldn't watch him shatter before my very eyes, it would be a punishment worse than death or eternal torture.

I realized that someone had to move, I am the Captain, meaning that it was my duty. If I shattered, than at least they will know what to expect, they would stop themselves from moving as well. I knew that the possibility of actually shattering was slim, but it didn't stop the rational fear in our minds from turning into something irrational. It wasn't something we could really help. Slowly but surely I moved, taking long strides over to Harry when I realized that I wouldn't just burst into a cloud of dust. He smiled widely at me, and I kissed him, just like that. I didn't care that the rest of the crew was there, I just did what I've been wanting to do for ages. When we finally pulled away, I made sure to keep one arm wrapped around him as I looked at the rest of the crew.

"Did it work?" Louis asked, arm wrapped around Liam's waist and I shrugged.

"Only time can tell." I answered, but it seemed to be good enough for everyone else. It was the start of a new life, a new family, a new love, and I was more than ready for it.

---

The end. This was the original ending, next will be the alternate ending, and then the epilogue for this chapter. And then Dark Hearted will officially be over.

I've been toying with the idea of a sequel, but I don't think that will happen.

I want to thank each and every one of you guys again, you are all so incredible and this story would not have turned out like it has if it wasn't for all of you. You are all so incredible, I just don't have any words, there aren't good enough words to describe you all. Amazing and perfect- you guys are those things- but it sounds so mediocre. Unfortunately, that's the best I can come up with.

70 comments for the alternate ending?

With lots of love,

Val xx