[10: sad memory]

❗TW: DEATH❗

"Mom I'm here~" Chenle said cheerfully as he entered his mom's hospital room.

"Oh, my Chenle is here~" His mom answered him with a bright smile on her face eventhough she is in so much pain.

His mom is currently suffering from stage four lung cancer. She is the sweetest person you'll ever meet, she is very nice to every people and always wears a bright smile wherever she goes.

The doctors recommended a lung transplant but she insisted eventhough they could afford that. She doesn't want to suffer much more.

She was not afraid of death but she was more afraid that no one will take care of Chenle when she is gone. Her days is counted and she is currently spending it on her hospital bed.

She didn't want Chenle to know that.

"Mom, I brought you a basket of fruits!" Chenle placed down the basket of fruits on the wooden table not that far from his mother's bed.

"That looks good!" She still tried to smile eventhough the oxygen mask is tightly pressed against her nose and mouth.

"Do you want me to slice the apple, mom?"

"Sure, dear."

Chenle got the red apple from the basket as he sliced them into the right amount of pieces and placed it on a small plate.

"Mom, open wide. Ah~" Chenle opened his mouth as her mother chuckled at him.

"How am I gonna eat if this oxygen mask is on my way?" Her mom said which Chenle chuckled at.

"Ah, right." Chenle lifted the oxygen mask
carefully as his mom ate the apple slice.

"Its sweet."

"Just like you mom."

Chenle's mom laughed lightly in response.

"Stop joking around, dear."

"I'm not lying mom. And please get better already so that we can go to your flower farm again. I miss grandma..." Chenle frowned as he remembered his grandma. Its been a while since they visited his mom's flower farm.

"Of course, dear..." His mom said hesitantly. If only Chenle knew.

Chenle smiled at her mom. He wished each day that his mom would get better soon.

"I see you wore the necklace that I gave you." Chenle's mom said as she noticed something familiar hanging on Chenle's neck.

"Of course mom, this is my most memorable necklace ever. I wear it everywhere!" Chenle grabbed the moon shaped necklace on his neck.

"I bet someone will accidentally step on that necklace and destroy it."

"Why would they do that? I won't let anyone break this necklace!"

"Of course you should."

"Wait mom, let me just go to the restroom. I'll come back, okay?" Chenle said as he stands up from the chair he was sitting at earlier and heads to the door.

"Okay, dear."

Chenle just came back from the restroom and saw the door of his mom's hospital door open. He quickly entered.

"O-oh...my god..this can't be." Chenle's eyes started to pour tears as he saw the scene infront of him.

The doctors and the nurses trying to revive her unconscious mom. They we're giving her endless CPR and more oxygen. But it was all too late.

The hospital monitor's lines turned into a straight line with a long beep.

"Time of death, 6:37pm." The doctor said sadly with his head hung low.

"No! No! Mom!" Chenle walked closer to her mother's hospital bed.

"Mom, we still need to visit your flower farm! M-mom! Don't go yet!" The tears on Chenle's eyes poured endlessly.

"We're sorry for your loss."

🍰

*breathes* almost cried while writing this.