Chapter 22 || Is He Allowed To Do That?

Tonight, I learnt something.

Blake, despite being an indestructible and invincible bad boy, could not bowl to save his life. It was a little cute, I must admit. He appeared and acted so confident in himself and then he would go to bowl and couldn't knock a single pin down.

That being said, I wasn't much better than him. We were a pair of pathetic bowlers, ridiculed by a group of twelve year olds who were in the alley beside us. Our dignity had been rubbed in the dirt, and Blake just couldn't let that be.

Which is why we are here, in the arcade room.

"I will show them," Blake mutters to himself determinedly as he clutches the basketball in his hands. His mission to reattain his ego would be accomplished by gaining 1000 arcade tickets.

Something told me we were going to be here for quite a while.

I lean against the mini basketball arcade game and watch Blake with amusement dancing in my eyes, "Has your life really come to this? Spending a whole heap of cash just so that you can fulfil your quest in gaining back your ego that was dented by a bunch of twelve year olds?"

Blake looks at me, "Well when you put it that way..."

"You are Blake Parker."

"Too right."

"Nothing will stand in your way."

"Mhm."

"Not even a bunch of twelve year old boys."

"Yeah!" he agrees, before turning back to the basketball machine, "But let me just play this game. I want to win something tonight."

"You've spent like 20 dollars already on these and all you will be able to get is a key chain."

"Shut up," he replies, before thrusting the mini basketball into the air.

It doesn't even go near the hoop.

Blake groans, "I am failing at life."

"It's just an arcade game."

"And I suck at bowling, too. I can't do anything right," he sighs hopelessly. Clearly he doesn't take failure too well - he probably isn't used to it. Then, Blake's eyes light up with a mischievous glint which has me very worried, "For 1 minute, can you stop being a good girl?"

"I dunno, it sounds hard."

"Can you be my look-out? Make sure no one is watching?"

"Okay, what are you doing?" I sigh. Blake climbs over the arcade barrier and grabs the left over basketballs.

"What I'm doing is something highly un-allowed and will get me kicked out of here if I get caught, so I need you to be on the look-out for any staff, can you do that?"

"Definitely," I assure him. Blake turns back to the basketball net and drops each ball into the hoop one-by-one. I see a staff member walking nearby, "Hey," I call out to the boy, "Is he allowed to do that?" I thrust my thumb in Blake's direction.

The boy's eyes immediately darken, "Hey!" he calls, storming over to us, "Get out of there, punk!"

"Yeah, that's right," I echo amusedly, "Get out of there, punk."

Blake quickly jumps out of the barrier, "You little shit," he declares breathlessly, before snatching his 'earned' tickets from the machine and sprinting off. I laugh and chase after him.