Chapter 28 || Only Because You Asked Nicely

A/N

Cringe cringe cringe cringe.

"Oh my god. Don't look now, but Bronte and Elle are sitting with Blake's gang. What the fuck?"

A blonde girl sitting just a table away from us turns to look. I smile and wave, and her brunette friend hisses and smacks the blonde across the head, "I told you not to look now, idiot!"

I shake my head with a small chuckle and return my attention to Elle, Reece and Alec, who were currently sitting at Blake's lunch table,which was conveniently situated in the centre of the cafeteria and on display to the whole student body - fantastic!

After the holidays ended, the 6 of us decided that it would be better if we sat together during lunch at school, since we've bonded and all. I was ecstatic with the idea until I realised how revolutionary this concept was to everyone else. We had been receiving non-stop glances throughout lunch to the point where it was plain exasperating.

"Hey," Chase greets us chirpily, plopping onto the seat beside me. He growls under his breath when he notices everyone staring at us, before bellowing. "Can everyone mind their own fucking business!?"

That does the trick, and everyone quickly turns away, returning to their own lives.

"I don't see why it is such a big deal to everyone," Alec comments, biting into his ham sandwich, "Just two, innocent, naive little girls hanging out with a bunch of idiotic troublemakers," he tilts his head in thought and chews for a moment, "Okay that does sound pretty bad."

"I am not naive," Elle scoffs.

"Sure babe."

"I'm not!"

"Move over," Blake suddenly orders Chase from behind us. Chase looks up at Blake in amusement and Blake glares down at him.

"Why, Blake? There's a free space next to me." Chase replies lightly, raising his eyebrows at Blake. Elle, Reece and Alec snicker, while Blake just glares at him furiously.

"Fucking move it, Linton, or you'll never see the light of day."

The two stare at each other for a long moment, before Chase finally gives in. "Only because you asked nicely," he replies mockingly, sliding over for Blake.

Muttering under his breath, Blake plops down between us and glances at me, "Hey Bront."

"Hi!"

"Hey Bront," Chase mimics in a high-pitched voice, batting his eyelashes flirtatiously. The group laughs and Blake elbows him - hard. "Ow!" He yelps, glaring at Blake.

"You had it coming," Reece points out, before grunting in pain when someone's foot collides with his. He glares at Chase, "What the fuck man? I was only stating the obvious."

"Wasn't me," Chase shrugs.

Reece settles his glare on Blake, "Dude, I had your back."

"That wasn't me."

Now it was Alec's turn to be glared at.

"Twas I who did it!" he announces dramatically, feigning shame and regret. "I felt left out! Vulnerable! Alone! Scared! You wouldn't understand..." hr sighs.

Silence settles over the table, before Elle finally clears her throat.

"Okay. For your sake, I'm going to pretend you didn't say that," Elle tells Alec, eyeing him with a weird expression.