Chapter 24 || I've Been Shot

"77 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL, 77 BOTTLES OF BEER." Alec sings, "YOU TAKE ONE DOWN, PASS IT AROUND, 76 BOTTLES OF-"

"Shut the fuck up," Blake finishes in the same melody Alec had been using for the past ten minutes of his annoying car-ride-song.

A smile tugs at my lips at what Blake said. Although it was harsh, I couldn't agree more. Alec was seriously giving me a migraine, "Does it have a mute button?" I whisper loudly to Blake, nodding my head in Alec's direction.

"I do," Alec replies mischievously. "Right here," he points to his crotch area and wriggles his eyebrows at me.

"Alec," Blake states bluntly.

"Yeah?"

"Please shut up."

Alec pouts childishly and falls back in his seat, his arms folded across his chest and his expression grave. I laugh at him and he pokes his tongue out at me.

Blake glances at me, "You excited?"

I nod my head in response to his question. "So pumped!"

Yesterday I had received a text from Reece who informed me that today his group, Elle, and I, were going paint-balling. It was a last minute plan but fortunately everyone was free so there were no problems. We've borrowed Blake's parents' car for the trip, like we did when we went to the beach. Everything worked out perfectly.

"Good," he nods, "I bags having you on my team, by the way."

"No way! Bronte's on my team!" Alec protests.

"Shut up, Alec. She's on my team and that's that," Blake replies curtly.

Alec huffs in defeat before speaking again, "Guys..." he whines, "Are we there yet?"

Blake simply rolls his eyes, not bothering to answer Alec's question, "My best friend is a 7 year old," Blake informs me.

"I HEARD THAT!" Alec shouts suddenly, causing Blake and I to jump in surprise, "I do not appreciate you girls gossiping about me. Bitches."

The car suddenly comes to a halt and Blake whips around in his seat, his expression dangerously threatening, "What did you just call me?"

Alec, smugger-than-ever, points his nose up and smiles triumphantly, "You heard me."

"You're going to cop it when we get to the paintball arena," Blake assures him.

"I don't care, Blakie," Alec taunts.

"Why you're a little shit-fac-"

BEEP.

A car horn sounding from behind us brings us back to reality and Blake curses.

"Hey! Hurry up!" The man in the car behind us shouts furiously.

Blake rolls down the window and points his middle finger at him. "Fuck off mate! Do you know what I can do? I will ruin you and cut you into little tiny pieces and then feed you to my pet do-"

"Blake."

Blake turns to me, "What?" he asks in an aggressive tone.

"Inhale," I instruct him.

He inhales.

"And exhale."

He exhales.

"You better now?" I ask with an amused grin.