ChApTeR - 10

On the very next day, Roman came home and parked his jeep in the garage

On the very next day, Roman came home and parked his jeep in the garage. He picked up the brown paper bag in his back seat, which contained three sets of fresh insulin, and got out of his car. It was only him. He had dropped Lynn off here after yesterday's meeting and left without telling anyone anything. He drove for a while, trying to clear his mind, keeping his raging thoughts at bay and when that didn't work, he drove to the woods and took his anger out there.

On his way back, he had remembered Zadia was running low on insulin and decided to head over to his supplier's place to get some. Driving there and back took him a while, which was why he was currently walking through the house door at 1:21 in the afternoon.

The house was barely quiet with all the loud talking coming from the living room. Shutting the door to the garage, he made his way there, quietly. Leaning against the wall, he watched as everyone laughed and engaged in some stupid debate about something on the television.

"It doesn't make any sense for anyone to bite ice cream!" Zadia exclaimed with her hands. She sat on the sofa with her knees crossed, while pointing at the television. "It's called ice cream for a reason. You lick it. The way he's doing it is wrong and he should be banned from ever having ice cream again."

Lynn who sat on the other sofa with an unreadable expression nodded her head in agreement. "I'm not a fan of the non-meat eater here, but I'm gonna have to agree with her on this. Biting ice cream instead of licking it is wrong. Adam, your disgusting."

Abel laughed hard, clutching his stomach because of the look on Adam's face. "How the heck do you even do that?" He asked, leaning against Zadia with Tino in his arms. It seemed like the two of them had made up. "Don't your teeth be hurting from the cold?"

Adam rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "First off, that only happens if you have sensitive teeth. And second, I find it ridiculous that you all don't just bite the ice cream instead of licking. It's eaten rather faster with biting and takes a while longer with licking."

"Duh, it's 'cause you're supposed to take your time and devour it. It's not meant to eat in one go." Zadia explained. "That's like having a book and reading the last page before reading the begging. Backwards as hell."

Roman rolled his eyes, already over the whole debate. "Why is the garage door unlocked?" He asked suddenly, startling everyone. They hadn't noticed he was standing there. "Better yet, why isn't anyone's guard up?" No one answered, they just stared at him. "If I was an intruder, I could've easily taken you all out. Being sloppy gets you killed."

Adam cleared his throat, rising to his feet. "Apologies, Roman. I'm the one that suggested we even watch television in the first place."

Abel frowned. "No, he wasn't, I'm the one that did." He admitted.

Roman looked at him, leaning off the wall. "Did you get any work done this morning?" He asked.

"I decided to give him today off." Lynn piped in.