ChApTeR - 2 pT. 2

Zadia licked her dry lips as her body stirred uncontrollably on the beanbag

Zadia licked her dry lips as her body stirred uncontrollably on the beanbag. The sound of thunder caused her eyes to snap open and made her heart thump hard in her chest. When she sat up, the window was the first thing she looked at. From her line of vision, she could see the rain pouring furiously and that the sky was darkened grey. The scene took her by surprise. Rain in her city was surprisingly normal, even though it barely happened, but a whole thunderstorm... that was new.

"I hope this means this is extra good luck." She mumbled to herself. She turned her head and her eyes nearly popped out of their socket as they landed on Abel. He was asleep on top of the beanbag in an uncomfortable position. Zadia quickly stood up and walked towards him. "Abel, wake up!" She said to him as she pushed his arm.

Abel groaned in his sleep, not wanting to wake up. "Go away." He groaned, shifting his position. An hour after the rain started to fall, they had fallen asleep to cracking jokes and talking about art. Not only was the conversation good, but it was the first time in days that Abel got a good rest.

Zadia's eyebrows raised. "Excuse you? Boy, this is my house. You better wake up before I push you off this chair!"

Abel huffed. "I'm up, I'm up." He said as he sat up, stretching his body. "How long were we out?"

"Apparently a long ass time." Said Zadia. "It's about to be six-thirty."

Abel stood up, worriedly. "It's about to be six-thirty?" He repeated. "Damn, how the hell am I supposed to get home."

Zadia shook her head, walking in the direction of the kitchen. She turned on the light. "The rain is the least of your worries... walking home at this time of the night around here is dangerous." She spoke as she took out some leftovers from the fridge.

"No shit Sherlock." Abel cursed as he leaned against the kitchen island. "I've lived in this city for sixteen whole years, I know everything I need to know about it, as well as the people that live in it. Also, would it be cool if I crash here tonight?" He said, watching as Zadia fixed herself a plate of food.

"Jesus!" She grumbled, turning to look at him with crossed arms. "Just say you want some, instead of staring at me to death. It's annoying." That was one of her pet peeves. People begging, intentionally.

Abel raised his hands up, in surrender. He really did like doing that a lot. "Aye chill, chicka. I was going to ask, I was just trying to see what the hell it was." His face scrunched up. "What the hell is that exactly? Because it looks..."

Zadia shot him a glare that quickly shut him up. "It looks like what?" She asked, daringly. When Abel only shook his head and said nothing, she nodded in approval. "That's what I thought." She grabbed another plate from her cabinet and placed it next to hers. "This," She motioned towards the food. "is Couscous and a bunch of Chopped up Cabbages. It's completely healthy and has great fiber and protein."