ChApTeR - 16 : Comfort In Us 🔞

Late in the night, Zadia and Roman remained half-naked in bed talking

That's all they did as the world around them spun, both too stubborn to get any rest. They sheepishly kissed occasionally, not being able to hold the urge of wanting to feel one another. But still, it was the talking that mattered, there was something about hearing one's voice that filled them both intensely.

Zadia smiled in a daze, her arms around the fluffy pillow while she used it to prop her head up. To her coroner the lamp was on, the light dimmed to match the mood of the room. She followed along to the story Roman was telling her, listening to every detail he spoke. "And then what happened?" She asked eagerly, wanting to hear the rest of it. "Did you win?"

Roman matched her smile. The corner of his eyes crinkled, while he chuckled at her eagerness. "Well, eventually Eliśa and Dario gave up and got out of the pool. I was the last man standing, being able to hold my breath for a total of ten minutes and three seconds."

Zadia's eyes widened. "You're freaking lying. Seriously?"

"Yeah. I was thirteen at the time and unlike those two, I spent my days practicing up until the very moment. Passed with flying colors."

She shook her head. "Two minutes max, that's how long I can hold my breath. Anything past that and I'll literally die." She expressed. "I can't believe your dad had you guys training for stuff like that." 

Roman shrugged, his voice low. "Azul was a survivalist... Be prepared for anything, that's what he taught us." Zadia could see the hurt that flashed through his eyes, she moved closer, her hand resting on the side of his face. "He had the right intentions... his parenting was just... different."

"I get that." She whispered. From under the sheet, she could feel him place his hand on her hip, pulling her closer. "Are you trying to kiss me again?" Roman moved her hair out of her face, nodding slowly. "I like when you kiss me." She admitted, feeling the hair on her body rise.

His eyes found her warm plushy lips and he could feel his heart beat faster. "Me too." He whispered, pressing his lips against hers. Zadia's parted willingly, feeling her stomach twist as they kissed. She was so hot, her mind swirling while she enjoyed every second of it. Her hand rested on his chest, kissing him back just as sensual. She nipped him, making Roman pull away. "Ouch." He groaned.

"I'm sorry." She breathed. "Maybe we should give your lips a break. Let it heal, you know."

"Fuck that." He pecked her lips. "I'm fine." He said and pecked her lips a final time, before backing away. "It's your turn to tell me about something."