ChApTeR - 18 🔞

Zadia couldn't look away from the time.

With her legs crossed and her nerves all over the place, she smiled pretending to follow along with what Adam was saying. It wasn't like she wanted to, but her thoughts were occupied by Roman so she was distracted.

Every chance they got she was under him... or above, depending on who initiated what.

They managed to sneak off well, mainly meeting in the middle of the night, when everyone was asleep in whoever's room was the closest. Till sunrise, they'd stay locked in there, whereas the other one would quickly slip away before anyone woke up. During the day in front of everyone else, they'd sneak glances at each other.

Roman would even go as far as handing her things, just to feel their hands collide.

He liked it. He liked her.

One time it led to them making out in the kitchen pantry, they were in there for so long that Dario had to cover for them. Although he left a day ago for New York in search of Eliśa, Dario had settled well with them. Zadia loved having him around because it pissed Lynn off and she was also able to speak with him about his brother. "It's a dangerous game the both of you are playing, I'm compelled to see how it ends." Dario had said to her when they were by themselves in his car.

His statement lingered on her mind a lot and when she was with Roman it was hard not to think about it.

Zadia's face scrunched up in discomfort as Tino scratched her knee, using it to prompt himself up. "Ow." She said, touching the tender spot.

"You alright?" Adam asked, looking away from the security camera monitor. It was his time of the day to keep surveillance, Zadia had just finished her shift with Tino who didn't want to leave her side. He hysterically cried each time she stepped in front of a door, not wanting her to leave without him.

She patted her knee, ignoring the small sting she felt. "Mmh." She nodded. "I'm fine, it's only a scratch." Glancing back at the time she nearly smiled looking at it. It was eleven in the morning, which meant Abel and Lynn were busy with target practice. "I'm gonna head back to my room and get a bandaid, if anyone needs me they can find me near the back." She told him, when in fact it was a lie.

Upstairs with Roman is where she'd be.

"Yes, you go. I'm all covered here." He told her, casting her an appreciative smile. "I've blended Tino some food, it's inside the microwave."

Zadia stood up, taking Tino with her. "Thanks! I was gonna get to it this morning, but this one here had other plans." She was referring to Tino. She made her way out of the room, letting out a breath, and shifting Tino to her other arm. "This doesn't go in your mouth bud." She told him, removing the hem of his shirt from his mouth. Her footsteps were light walking around the quiet house, nearing the other section of the home.

It was a big house on the outside and even bigger on the inside.

When Zadia reached the other part of the house, she put Tino down, prompting him to stand up. "We can spare a few seconds to practice." She said to him, keeping a good grip on his hand. Since he was standing up more frequently, Zadia wanted to encourage him to walk more as well. "That's right, you got it." She said while Tino and she made it to Roman's door.

His room was the third door to the left of the other hall, so they didn't have to walk far. They stopped outside his door and Zadia raised her hand, her knuckles softly knocking against it. She picked up Tino, just when the door opened and Roman appeared. "I thought you said you were gonna make it on time today?" He sarcastically questioned, cluelessly smiling down at her. He didn't know what prompted him to open the door so fast or even why his heart sped up upon seeing her. She was just here, hours ago in his bed where they laid and conversed.