ChApTeR - 15 pt 2

Roman blacked out before he could register what was happening

Roman blacked out before he could register what was happening. The force of the punch his brother threw was enough to break his jaw and a couple of teeth. Roman could feel the sheer pain of the impact as he was pushed up against the wall and his brother continued his assault, throwing punches at him in various places. "Dario, listen to me," Roman grunted, trying to reason with him. Putting his hands on his little brother was the last thing he wanted to do, especially since he didn't want to hurt him.

"Fuck you!" Dario screamed in his face, pushing him to the ground. "You should've never come here!" He shouted, kicking Roman in the stomach.

Roman coughed, blocking his face from the angered blows. He blinked, ears ringing. Amongst all the pain, he could hear Zadia in the background. "Hey! Stop it! He's had enough!" She screamed, terrified at the blood pouring from his mouth. "Roman fight back!"

Shutting his eyes, Roman groaned. He was barely able to move his fingers. "Dario." He called to his brother, trying to push himself out of the way. "Enough."

Dario stared down at his older brother, gripping the front of his shirt while his fist stopped midway in the air. He was breathing heavily, his demeanor cold. "I hate you!" He snapped at Roman, hands tightening around the neck of the shirt. His grip was so tight that Roman could feel the life draining from his body because he couldn't breathe. "You should've stayed away." Dario moved to hit him again, but Zadia intervened.

She picked up one of the vases and threw it at the back of his head. Her eyes widened watching as the vase broke instantly and Dario slowly backed away from Roman, turning around to face her. "You threw a vase at me." He said, finally acknowledging her presence. He blinked and took a step forward only for his body to give out on him. He fell face-first on the porch ground, passing out.

Zadia looked down at him in surprise, before running to Roman. She kneeled by his side, cupping his arm. She grimaced at the blood. "Are you alright?" She asked, worriedly. "How many fingers am I holding up? Can you move? Can you breathe?"

Roman squinted, groaning deeply. "Zadia, calm down." He told her. "You're not holding any fingers and I'm okay. I just... I just need a moment." He looked over at his brother. "A vase?" He questioned. "Out of all things, a vase?"

Zadia scowled in his direction. "You want me to wake him up." She threatened. "Because I'm sure he'll like to fuck up your face some more."

"I had him."

She scoffed. "More like he had you." She resorted, helping him up to his feet. "I think your nose is broken."

"Feels like it," Roman muttered. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She cleared her throat, placing the bag of money over her shoulders. "We should probably get inside. You know, before someone calls the police."

"Right." He nodded over at his brother. "You take his arms, and I'll take his legs." Zadia walked over to where Dario was and picked up both his arms once Roman flipped him over. Together, the both of them began dragging his body into the house.