ChApTeR - 13

Roman stood outside on the front porch, with his keys inside the lock

Roman stood outside on the front porch, with his keys inside the lock. He'd gotten back from running a few errands and decided to spend the rest of his night at home. Leaning his head forward, he pressed his forehead to the cool door and groaned. Being home wasn't exactly where he wanted to be, although he very much missed his bed... and cat. Over the past few days, the lingering smell of cocoa butter was all he smelled every time he walked through the front door and it was starting to drive him insane.

Hell, the damn cocoa butter was so strong he was beginning to smell it even when he wasn't home. It was as if he was being haunted... haunted by Zadia and her fucking cocoa butter.

"Get a fucking grip, Roman." He muttered to himself. It was two in the morning. There was no way he was gonna let Zadia or fucking cocoa butter for that matter, fuck with his peace of mind any longer. It was bad enough he'd been avoiding spending time at home to avoid being around her ass altogether.

Huffing hard, Roman unlocked the door and twisted the doorknob, before walking inside. Of course, the first thing that he smelled was, in fact, cocoa butter. "Fuck my life." He said lowly, seeing the lamplight and the television in the living room on. He thought everyone would be asleep by now. Locking the door, he placed his keys on the pin and quietly made his way to the stairs.

"Oh, you're back," Zadia said before he could even make it up the steps. The sound of her voice was so annoying he could practically slap himself.

Slowly he turned, and the first thing that caught his eyes was both her legs, and as his vision trailed up, they stopped right on the baby who was sitting in between them, with only a pamper on.

"That is obvious," Roman spoke, looking at her. Something seemed sorta different about her, but he couldn't put his finger on it. She had a white shirt over her head using it as a cap and her face seemed... fresh.

Zadia rolled her eyes at him, before looking back at the television. Tino woke up in the middle of the night and to get him to fall back asleep, she put on some movie about some snail being fast. The movie seemed stupid to her, but Tino looked to be enjoying it. "Still a prick, I see." She stated.

"Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" He questioned, placing the duffel bag on his shoulders on the staircase. He took a step into the living, noticing all the piles of baby clothes around. "You're turning my sofa into a mess."

"I don't recall having a bedtime." She remarked. "Draya turned your sofa into a mess after she bled on it five days ago. Adam and I still can't take the blood out." She put one of Tino's folded onesies into a basket with his other folded clothes. "Your snob of a friend was hogging both washer and dryer today. So here I am, doing some night washing because Tino doesn't have anything clean to wear."

Walking towards them, Roman lifted his arms, and Tino went crawling his way, completely ignoring the television. "Look at you trying to pull an all-nighter." He said to his nephew, gently rocking him around. "He couldn't sleep?" He asked Zadia.