ChApTeR - 4 pT. 2

"Who is it?" Zadia forced herself to ask, her body trembling

"Who is it?" Zadia forced herself to ask, her body trembling. She felt like she was going to piss herself, but her face remained cryptic. "Who is it?!" She asked again, this time with more base in her voice.

"It's me, Martin. We met a few weeks back when I was here." He said. "It's been a while, I don't expect you to remember me or nothing like that."

"What do you want?" She asked, moving to the side of the door, just in case he started shooting.

Martin chuckled on the other end. "The last time I was here, I asked you about a woman and a baby and you told me you didn't know what I was talking about. I just recently had a chat with your landlord and he says otherwise." He explained, pulling a spear point blade from his pocket. "I think this is a big misunderstanding and I just wanna come inside and check if those two people are here."

"I don't know why my landlord would say something like that, there's no woman or baby here. Just me and with all due respect, I don't feel comfortable letting a stranger inside my home." Zadia let out. "You should be on your way, Martin!"

"With all due respect, puta." (Bitch) "You don't have a choice. You see, my boss is a very specific person. So when he asks for something, it gets. My order from him is to enter your apartment and check out the place. If I don't, then we'll both have to deal with his ass. I don't know about you, but I ain't got the time for all that." Martin raised his fist and banged on the door with a hard thud. "Now, open the fucking door before I break it down!"

Zadia shifted the bat, putting it behind her back as her right hand held onto it for the life of her. "Alright. I'll open up... just calm down." She moved forward, unlocking the door, and pulling it open, so she could poke her head out to look at Martin. She caught a glance of the knife in his hand, before he put it back into his pocket.

"What's up, beautiful?" He flirted.

Zadia's knitted together, taking in his attire. He was dressed in high waisted, dark wash jeans with a hooded varsity bomber, that slightly covered the plain white t-shirt he had on underneath. "Beautiful? Wasn't it just bitch a few seconds ago." She resorted, pushing her door wider for him to enter.

Martin chuckled, giving her his undivided attention. He figured after this whole thing was over, he'd finally get her number. "I was just playing, it's all love here." He said, walking in. To him, if he played his card right, he'd get more than just her number.

Zadia took a peek outside to see if his partner was there. When she caught no sign of him she turned around, making sure to keep the door open. "Sure it is."

"You fluent in Spanish? Because if you are, I think that makes us soulmates." Martin eyed her living room, checking for any signs of Eliśa and her baby. His eyebrows furrowed, catching sight of the playpen that sat in the corner. He gripped his blade and turned slowly to Zadia. "I thought you said, you didn't know anything about a baby."