ChApTeR - 13 pt 2

"Adam says breakfast is ready," Abel announced, barging into their bedroom with a bacon strip in his hand

"Adam says breakfast is ready," Abel announced, barging into their bedroom with a bacon strip in his hand. He munched on it, enjoying how great the taste was. "Zadia... Zadia..." Abel called, standing near the edge of the bed, his finger-snapping to get her attention. He wore the mustard-looking Arizona State hoodie that Lynn gifted him, with some baggy gym shorts that Zadia loved to tease him about. "Zadia?"  He called again, worriedly.

Zadia stared up at him in realization, head tilting. "Huh? I'm sorry, what were you saying?" She asked, sitting up in bed, her leg on a pillow. It was morning, but she wasn't in her usual morning mood. Instead, she was tired because she hadn't slept last night.

Abel frowned, instantly noticing her weird behavior. He crossed his arms, but not before taking another bite of his bacon, finishing it. "What's wrong? Is it your ankle?" He questioned, chewing. "Listen, I know you don't wanna take painkillers anymore, but you can most definitely take other stuff."

Zadia shook her head. She seemed calm despite her actions from last night. "No, it's not my ankle." Although it did hurt. "I just... I don't feel like getting out of bed today. Head hurts." She came up with.

Abel seemed unconvinced. He tapped his foot. "Okay... but you're gonna miss out on Adam's pancakes." He paused, waiting for her reaction. Zadia only sighed. "You know what, I'll just bring it up to your room." Looking over at Tino's empty crib, then back at her, he uncrossed his arm. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah."

"You don't seem like it." He said, then pushed her leg so he could sit next to her. "Come on Zee, what's got you so down?"

She looked down at her hands. "I'm a mess." She mumbled.

Abel frowned, shaking his head. "That's not true, Zadia. Where's all this coming from?"

She looked up at him. "I... I kissed Roman." She told him and then groaned, slamming her body on the bed. Abel placed a hand on his face, hiding his smile. "That's not even the worst part, the worst part is... I think I liked it, Abel. I really liked it." Abel burst into fits of laughter, which caused Zadia to roll her eyes. She pinched his arm lightly. "I'm serious, Abel."

"I know you are." He said, trying not to laugh. "It's just, I've never seen you display this type of emotion. This is new."

"What am I gonna do?" She genuinely asked him.

He shrugged. "I don't know, I didn't kiss him." He joked and she glared at him. "What was his reaction?" He leaned back, both their heads touched while they looked up at the ceiling. "Did he kiss you back?"

Zadia's fingertips grazed her lips and she sighed deeply. "Yeah, he did." She said remembering the tingling she felt there. "Then he pulled away and said that he couldn't. That it was selfish of him or something like that. It was awkward."

"Damn, so you got rejected, rejected."

She gave him a look and sighed again. "Yeah, I got rejected, rejected." She turned her head. "I don't blame him though, I shouldn't have kissed him in the first place. That was wrong of me."