New Beginning

Y/n's POV

I'm currently a 4th grade teacher, I have a lovely girlfriend named Alice she's a 5th grade teacher. I came out as a lesbian years ago, and many teachers hate me for it but I really don't care. The male teachers hate me, they always flirt with me knowing I have a girlfriend which is disgusting because half of them are married and have kids.

They think it's a bad influence being gay and all. They have told the principal I shouldn't be here since I am the bad influence and children shouldn't be around me due to my liking.

I was currently on break and my students where at lunch.

I saw Cindy my best friend, she's the principal of the school that I work at. She's actually the one that gave me the job.

"Hey y/n." She says peaking her head through the door before coming in. "Hey Cindy, why are you here?" I say not trying to sound rude.

"Well you know how you're new and you've only been working here for 3 weeks." She says sitting down next to me. "Yeah why?" I said taking a bite out of my burger.

"Well I got you a assistant because I know you're gonna struggle taking care of 24 students even though you can't take even care of a fish." She says.

"Shut up that was once. I thought the fish was drowning!" I say sarcastically since the fish was my ex's and it bit me several times when all I was trying to do was feed it.

"God why did I even hire you?" She said laughing. "I don't know you ask me! You're my best friend! And we've known each other for half of our lives." I say.

Cindy laughed, "So who is this assistant?" I say wanting a bit details. "Well her name is Billie Eilish." She says. "Oh do you know how she looks like? Any details? Not in a creepy way!" I say.

"Well I heard she was hot and gay. All I know." She says shrugging her shoulders. "Thank god I didn't want no boring assistant that would think I'd have a crush on her since i'm lesbian." I say since I've been experiencing that a lot ever since I came out.

"She's gonna be here Monday. You better be nice to her." She said looking at me with a straight face. "Don't worry I will." I said taking a other bite of my burger. "Alright I have to go I'll see you after school." She said leaving my classroom.

I was just eating my burger and saw the door open. It was Alice my girlfriend.

"Hey baby." She said coming towards me. "Hey Alice." I said hugging her.

She smelled like perfume. Alice doesn't put perfume on she hates perfume because "it's too strong." I went back to my chair confused.

"How is it going?" She asks. "It's going great, Cindy told me I'm getting an assistant." I say.

"Assistant? Who is it?" She questions. "I don't know. Cindy just told me she was a girl and was gay." I said opening my computer.

"Gay? Babe I don't know if I should trust you." She says. "Huh? Alice how are you not gonna trust your own girlfriend. We have been dating for a year isn't that enough time for you to trust me?" I say.

"I do trust you. It's just I don't how I feel with you being around other gay people." She says. "Huh? You make no sense. You're always with that chick that's bi. I'm pretty sure if you're close with her, I think I can have a assistant that's gay, plus who knows if we'll even get along." I say.

"She's no chick that's Jessica, she's really sweet but fine I'll let it be." She says sternly.

I ignored her.

How are you not gonna trust your own girlfriend that you have been dating for a year. Even if I have a assistant that's gay that shouldn't matter she has a friend, they're super close. Alice hangs out with her more then me and I hate it. I'm usually not the jealous type but they're so touchy. The worst part is, she's her neighbor and she also works as a teacher!

I printed out a multiplication sheet for the students.

"So you're ignoring me now?" She says as she looked annoyed. "Alice right now is not the time the children are gonna come back in 10 minutes. Go to your classroom." I say trying to end this conversation.

She rolled her eyes and left.

I went to the book shelf and got out books. My class and I read a chapter everyday, out loud. We were currently reading the book Wonder.

After putting each book at the tables. I just grabbed my phone.

About 4 minutes later the students come in.

Forgot abt this book and you guys asked for more chapters! I really didn't like the other chapters so I deleted them all and starting out fresh.

This first chapter is old, not edited.