Billie

Y/N's POV:

We were reading aloud which took longer then usual since many slow readers were reading aloud. I did get a bit annoyed but then again, it was my job. I helped them out as a presence near me felt annoyed, Makayla.

"Ms, can I read now?" Makayla says interrupting the reading. "Makayla, wait your turn. You'll read the next paragraph." I said as we continued. She scoffed out and picked her book up.

   ~ 1 Hour Later ~

Cindy barged inside the classroom with a figure behind her. "Hey y/n," Cindy said causing me to face back. "Oh hey Cindy!" I said with a smile. "This is Billie, your assistant." Cindy said presenting the blue haired girl.

Cindy was right she was very attractive, "Hey, i'm y/n." I say presenting myself. "Names Billie." She says staring me up and down. "Well she's only gonna be here to meet the students and get to know them well." Cindy said. I nodded. "Well i've got to go." Cindy said as she left the classroom.

"They're watering their plants right now." I said. "Can I help them?" She asks. "Of course, follow me." I say as I walked towards the students. "Makayla honey, are you done watering your flower?" I ask. "No. I don't want a dumb flower anyways." Makayla says. "Makayla come on, it's fun. You can give it to someone afterwards." I say with a smile. "I don't care." Makayla says.

Makayla was tough to handle but I tried my best, she was in a abusive house hold a year ago and her mother commit suicide not to long ago, she was just a lost soul. I always try to comfort her but everything I do, she finds irritating.

"Well," I sigh out. "This is Billie." I say. Makayla's face lightened up as she seen Billie. "Your hair!" Makayla says. Billie chuckled, "Cool huh." Billie said. "Very! Omg! Can I touch it?!" Makayla said.

It was the first time I seen Makayla genuinely smile. I let them have small talk as I helped the kids who seemed to be struggling a bit.

                       ~ 30 Minutes Later ~

The bell went off as I stood in front of the door, "No running. We don't want anybody injured again." I said to them as I lead them outside as I waited for every parent to pick up their child. Makayla was the last one, not surprising. Her aunt who was now her responsibility to care for Makayla had night shifts and morning shifts.

"Makayla dear," I said as she looked up. "Have you told your aunt about the after school program?" I asked. "Yeah, but she was asleep the whole day so I didn't have time." She says. My smile turned into a frown instantly. "Well for now do you wanna go to the program?" I ask. "No. They don't like me." She said fidgeting with her fingers.

"Hm how about this, you can stay with me for now but when I leave you have to go to the program and atleast make one friend." I said. "I'll try." She mumbled. "I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd like to be your friend Makayla." I said as we walked towards the classroom.

We entered the classroom as I find Billie
looking around my desk. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked Makayla. She nodded, "Yes! Coraline." She said. I put on Coraline on the projector.

I sneak behind Billie as I notice her staring at a picture frame on my desk of Alice hugging me while we where at the beach as we watched the sunset.

"The sunsets pretty huh." I said as she quickly faced me. "Your best friend?" Billie asks. I giggled, "Girlfriend, actually." I say as I sat on my desk as she stared at me.

"Takis?" I ask as I grabbed my party size takis. "Uh yes!" She said as she gobbled the takis up causing me to giggle. Makayla was way too distracted watching the movie.

"Babe." Alice said making me flinch. When did she get here? "Oh hi baby." I say with a smile as she walked towards me. "Who's this?" Alice said in a rude tone. "My name is Billie." Billie said with a sarcastic tone.

Alice rolled her eyes, "You're still gonna come over to my place right?" Alice said as she basically pushed Billie out of the way to be in front of me. "About that-" I said as Alice cuts me off. "Are you serious babe you promised!" She says raising her tone.

"I know but things sorta came up." I said. She scoffed, "Of course. Your usual excuse." Alice said. "Alice i'm trying my best!" I said. "Dude if she can't make it then you gotta understand. Hop off her dick." Billie said stepping in.

"Shut the fuck up." Alice says. "Alice! There's a child in here." I mumble. "Well tell her to mind her own god damn business!" Alice said. "Alice just leave. I'll make it up to you next time." I said. "Yeah you said that last time." Alice said rolling her eyes. "Alice just please. I've been dealing with family stuff that's all." I said.

"Whatever. You can go home alone." Alice said.
"Alice I don't have a ride home-" I say as she shut the door. I sighed. Great, my car was being fixed and I didn't have a ride.

"You need a ride ma?" Billie asked. "Please." I chuckle. "Your girlfriends a bitch." Billie mumbled. "No she's not." I say as I munched on a taki. "She didn't understand that you had family problems and was yelling at you. You deserve way better love." She said which made me blush.

"Well I love her." I said. "You shouldn't, she treats you terrible." Billie said. "Do you know how hard it is to stop loving someone? Either way, I love her. She's just been. . .odd lately." I say knowing damn well it was a lie.

My friends and family always said I deserved better and I should find someone better. It's impossible, Alice means everything to me. It's hard to stop loving someone. I know she isn't the best for me but she was the only one there for me at my lowest.