CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-FIVE: Family

It's... bigger. Definitely bigger.

That's what Shouto couldn't help but keep thinking as he got off the Midoriya family's car and followed his friend and class adviser up the stairs to the entrance of the huge manor. A number of servants were also present just outside the doors, bowing to greet them and accompany them as they headed to the lounge room a little further in the house.

He had heard from his classmates and he himself had also presumed that Izuku's home would be a mansion, but this-- he didn't expect this.

They had to travel to the very edge of the city to get the gates of the estate, and even then, they still had to go through acres of land and greeneries to arrive at the manor. It was nothing like what he had expected. Izuku didn't live in a simple mansion like him. No, Izuku had been living in a manor like nobility.

It made Shouto question what Izuku's father does for their family to be able to afford all this.

"Master Izuku," Shouto heard the chauffeur refer to his friend, "I'll bring these over to the kitchen to be heated. Master and the little miss should be coming down shortly."

Shouto heard Izuku thanking the servant, while their class adviser took a seat on one of the chairs in the room.

Exactly as Adohira left the room, a maid came in with a cart with an assortment of drinks like coffee, tea, orange, and grape juice, as well as an assortment of biscuits for them to munch on as they waited. Meanwhile another maid, a male one, went and switched on the television for them.

After watching the male servant take his leave, Izuku turned around to see if his two guests were comfortable, only to find Shouto still on his feet and looking at some of the picture frames displayed in the room.

There weren't a lot really, maybe about a dozen or two just displayed on top of a cabinet aligned along one side of the room. Most of them were various photos of who Shouto correctly assumed was Izuku and his brother as children, with the earliest one seemingly being a photo of the elder brother having some difficulty holding the younger as a fussy infant.

There were newer photos too, mostly of their sister just by herself or with one or two of her brothers, but there weren't as many of those, and Shouto didn't seem to put much mind into them.

Shouto was more interested in the photos of the brothers. They both looked so happy in every photo. They were always smiling and having a good time with each other. There were a few photos where one was frowning at the other brother, but it always looked like it was all in good sport and that they both broke into laughter just after the photos were taken.

Izuku and Tenko both looked like they had a great childhood.

The Midoriyas seem like the perfect family to Shouto.

"Shouto-kun?" Izuku tried to call the attention of his bichromatic friend as he walked near him, "What are you looking at?"

Shouto looked over at Izuku and he told him, "Your home is very western."

Izuku was taken aback at first, but then he simply chuckled and replied, "Yeah, I guess it is, huh?"

"Dad and our uncle were actually born and raised in America before they moved back here to Japan, that's why our home is very western." Izuku explained.

Shouto just stared at his friend for a moment after he said that, then he bluntly told him, "You're very lucky, Izuku."

His friend's words confused Izuku for a moment and took him aback.

"Your dad clearly cares about you and your siblings, you have a brother that you grew up very close with, and you always smile whenever you mention them, so you must really appreciate them. Your family is just so happy and perfect." Shouto stated.