CHAPTER 183: Wooden Doll

It didn't take too long of a walk to finally arrive at the block where Deika City's Central Tower was located, and at that point, Tenko really had to tilt his head upwards to see the whole building.

He probably would've arrived there much earlier if he wanted to, even if he came from the same starting line. He just didn't plan or wanted to.

Re-Dostre had only permitted Tenko to open a gate at that specific location, some kilometers away from Deika Central Tower, and that he was only to go on foot if he didn't want anything to happen to his dear league member.

Other than annoying Tenko, that Dostre probably, at the very least, wanted Tenko to exhaust some energy during the walk, or if he was lucky, Tenko would be too reckless and impatient, and begin sprinting towards the Central Tower, tiring him even more before their confrontation.

Joke's on Rikiya, though. The night is still very young, and Tenko had decided to take a leisurely stroll through the city even before he arrived.

There was absolutely nothing the Deliberation troupe can do to Jin that they can use to threaten Tenko-- only the fact that they have him hostage, because if there really was a rat--which Tenko is wholly positive there is-- then they would know about the frailty of Jin's body.

After the incident where Jin's clones revolted against him, ending in a brutal massacre between the clones-- the one Jin that remained, the Jin that joined the league, isn't even completely certain if he was the original. The only sure fire way he had to be sure, was to inflict damage on himself.

Jin's clones can't last against a fair amount of damage, and if the clones are made by another clone, then the amount of damage they can receive before turning into goo decreases.

He would be fine if he did end up being the original Jin, but if he ends up being a clone after all, then that would be the end of him.

Because of this possibility, Rikiya cannot let anything happen to Jin, otherwise, they'd lose their advantage over Tenko.

Tenko pushed that thought to the back of his mind, and he focused on the present.

There was a sizeable number of people in front of the Deika City Central Tower, assumably waiting for Tenko. There were about 20 or so people in the group, but there were an extra 30 people hidden in the vicinity in addition to them.

For the last block or so, the number of people hidden in the buildings have greatly diminished, to the point that even if he brought down the buildings within a kilometer behind him, the only causalities would be the pests (animal ones) residing in them, if there were any. In contrast, the towering structure in front of him was filled with as many people they legally could.

It made Tenko curious as to why the Deliberation army have remained hidden even at this point in time, but he figured he'll learn why soon enough. Bet's on a pincher strategy, though.

Tenko continued to walk towards the group of people assumably sent to receive him.

There were two notable people standing in front of the group-- notable in the sense they're both public figures.

One of them was Koku Hanabata, a politician and the leader of the Hearts and Mind Party, and the other was a woman named Chitose Kizuki.

Again, Tenko wasn't particularly surprised that Re-Duster has people of their status in his grasp. His dad has a couple of people with high statuses too, both in Japan and overseas, so this was no shock.

--also, the Hearts and Mind Party and Chitose Kizuki's network are both based here in Deika, so you have that.

Tenko stopped a few good meters from the two obvious leaders of the group. The two leaders seemed to wait for a few seconds for him to continue walking, but after they figured he wasn't coming near them anymore, Hanabata immediately looked annoyed, but Kizuki seemed to have her curiosity piqued.

Tenko figured that would be his reaction, but he was also curious about her opposite reaction to Hanabata's.

Hm. Tenko hummed to himself in his mind.

"Well?" Tenko broke the silence between them.

"'Well?' Well, what?" Hanabata furrowed his brows.

Tenko put on the least sweetest smile he could possibly wear under his mask, and he tilted his head to the side like a confused child and asked, "Are you bringing me inside to meet modern Japan's Pinocchio, or does he want to approach this like a video game and have me beat his lackeys one by one before I pummel the ever living shit out of him?"

"Why you--!" Hanabata was insulted by Tenko's impudence, but he took pause when the woman beside him instead laughed.

"Oh ho ho ho~ A childish personality! So those rumours are true, so fun!" Chitose took note as she gleefully closed their distance.

"Umu, but is that really the case? You're also supposed to be very well-spoken and filled with charisma, so is this just a ruse for us? Or is that other personality the ruse? Which one is the real you, Tomura Shigaraki?" She followed up her previous statement as she wore a smug and provoking smile.

Tenko just looked at her unimpressed and replied with an equally unimpressed tone, "Watching television interviews, it's your type of reporters that annoy me the most."

After having watched thousands of hero interviews with Izuku-- note, often reluctantly-- Tenko has managed to group reporters into a number of categories. The type of reporter that Chitose belongs to are the ones who act all coy to their interviewees, but their interviews are almost always filled with some kind of gotcha question or it's a scheme to get more juicy info.

Whenever a hero has an interview with reporters in this category, Tenko couldn't help but wonder why they would subject themselves to the embarrassment (and him, second-hand embarrassment).

The only good thing about this category is probably that they're pretty good at weeding out the shitty heroes in the industry.

That was a tangent and a half, but anyways.

"I don't need a ruse for the two of you. You're just here to lead me to the actual event, no? So just get on with the NPC talk and bring me to that poor excuse for a wooden doll."

Tenko's disrespect towards them seemed to anger Koku (Trumpet) even more, and he called out the leader of the League of Villains for it.

"You little brat! All because you managed to disturb Japan's decade long peace for bullying high school students, and just because your father managed to beat All Might to retiring before losing the fight, you're acting like you own the whole world! But you're just a spoiled brat!"

Ah. He just insulted Dad. If Tenko had been his old self, he probably would've been pissed and threw back an insult or two towards their leader, but right now, he's just indifferent.

(a/n: protectiveness of their dad's honour, that's another thing he and Izuku has in common, or at least, seemingly, used to.)

Tenko just gave Koku a sweetly sick smile underneath his mask as he tilted his head like a child and plainly told him what he thought, not even giving the man's previous statement a retort.

"Frankly, I didn't have any plans of meeting with or even acknowledging your movement's existence until I've decided it's time for you to disappear. Even right now, I just view this whole thing as a small nuisance. I'm only here to get back Mr. Bubaigawara. Not to mention, you kinda ruined my plans for this day. For that one reason alone, I already think you should all disappear from my sight." Tenko stated plainly before continuing.

"So let's just get this farce over with, and bring me to the next event, okay? Wouldn't want Pinocchio to be missing Mr. Cricket and Ms. Blue Fairy for too long." Tenko intentionally spoke with a patronizing and insulting tone.

The veins in Koku's forehead seemed to get larger as he was filled with more anger, but Chitose just felt flattered that she was called a fairy, but she kept that thought to herself.

---

NOTES: After so many requests, I have decided to make the chapter numbers to actual numbers. I am also getting confused whenever I have to read back the previous updates.

Whether I'll change the previous chapter numbers to actual numbers too, I don't know. When I feel like it, maybe.

Also- hiiiiiii long time no update hehe-
I'mma disappear for many months now again. xp