CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY: Memories

"Rest now, Izuku. I'm here. You won't be alone anymore."

---

Izuku's eyes suddenly snapped open, revealing sparkling green irises.

Faint echoes of the lullaby in his dreams remained in the back of his mind as his green eyes sparkled with tears.

He couldn't remember what the person in his dream looked like, and the more he became awake, the more the person's appearance blurred in his mind.

The tears in Izuku's eyes finally slid down his face, but these weren't tears of sorrow or pain- maybe they once were supposed to be, but those tears- he was happy.

The large bed then suddenly shifted, and on the other side of the bed, Izuku saw Tenko sit up and look at him with a worried expression.

"Izuku? What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" Tenko immediately asked in concern as he reached towards his brother's face to wipe off the latter's tears.

Izuku didn't answer immediately, and he just sat up as well before trying to wipe the rest of his tears away with the back of his hands. He then looked down in front of him, not in any particular spot really, just at the empty space, then he shook his head no.

"It wasn't a nightmare. I don't think it was. I think it was a good dream, but I can't remember what happened in it anymore." Izuku told his brother, all as he stared into empty space.

"I just remember meeting someone pretty." Izuku offhandedly mentioned.

Tenko took one good look at his little brother, and figured the latter was telling the truth. He let out a small sigh before sitting closer to his little brother and pulling the latter's head close to him, letting Izuku lay his head on his shoulder as he gently brushed the latter's green hair with his fingers.

"Tenko? Do you know any lullabies?" Izuku suddenly asked, surprising his brother, then he added, "Can you hum one for me?"

Tenko looked at his little brother in confusion, wondering where this was suddenly coming from since he had never sang any lullabies to him before, but still, he relented, all for his little brother.

"I only know one." Tenko told his little brother with a gentle smile, "Mom used to sing it to me all the time, and she sang it to you too when you were just a cute little baby. Though, I guess you wouldn't remember that."

Tenko chuckled jokingly at the last sentence, hoping his little brother would find the sentiment funny too, and Izuku did chuckle a little but there was also some sadness in his eyes.

"I wish she was here, Tenko. I wish I knew her even a little." Izuku let out a sad sentiment before turning his head towards his older brother's shoulder and burying his face on the latter's shirt.

Tenko could tell how heartbroken his little brother was at that moment, but he knew there was probably nothing he could say to relieve the weight Izuku was feeling. There was only thing he could do.

From the very depths of his memories of their mother, he recalled the lullaby she always sang to him and his little brother and began singing it to Izuku.

It was such a unique melody. Tenko has never heard the song from anybody or anywhere else, he had only ever heard it from their mom. It was a quiet and happy song, and it always made him content and relieved whenever he heard it.

How long has it been since he heard this song?

As Tenko sang their mother's lullaby, he was brought back to the time she held him in her arms, swaying and dancing him around as she hummed the song. It reminded him of her sweet fragrance.