CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-FOUR: Heroes II

NOTES: News alert! I don't have a sense of humor! 🤧🔪

---

5 minutes after the hero team had dispatched their four groups, Katsuki checked back again on the open channel of their teams' comms, "Any signs of Midoriya yet?"

"Earphone Jack from H-Group 4, no signs of Midoriya."

"H-Group 3, Tentacole, no signs of Midoriya from this side either."

"That's good. Keep scanning the grounds for him." Katsuki told them.

Shouto slightly furrowed his brows at Katsuki's checkup for the second time in five minutes. It was agreed upon that no one will be assuming an official leadership for now, and that they will all be equals in the exercise, but the explosive blond seemed to have taken the lead in especially dealing with Izuku.

He even ordered Shouto's group, H-Group 1 consisting of himself (HN: Shouto), Ochaco (HN: Uravity), Sen Kaibara (HN: Spiral), and Pony Tsunotori (HN: Rocketti), to stay back and await till Izuku shows himself.

Katsuki has taken it upon himself to assign Shouto's group as the Midoriya Response Team because... well...

Katsuki claims that it's because Izuku is the most dangerous member in the villain team, and when it comes down to it, they need to quickly take him out of the game so they can secure their win.

A team that can quickly head to wherever the greenet has been spotted with a member who has a quickfire way of restraining him was the best approach that Katsuki came up with.

Shouto honestly feels insulted in his friend's stead.

Shouto understands Katsuki's wariness of his green-haired friend. After all, they've all seen how powerful Izuku's Arahabaki super move can be, even managing to push the then-no. 10 Pro Hero back by several meters.

Shouto himself was even close enough to be blown away just by sheer air pressure around the move. He even got a glimpse of how close Inasa Yoarashi was to becoming collateral damage had Gang Orca not pushed him away-- but nonetheless.

Katsuki seems to be treating Izuku like a real villain-- which is the point of the exercise, Izuku is the unofficial leader of the villain team-- but Shouto feels like Katsuki isn't doing this in the name of the exercise. It really feels as though Katsuki is regarding Izuku as an actual villain, and Shouto feels insulted for his friend by it.

Shouto's train of thought was broken, however, when they suddenly received a report from Katsuki's group, "Invisible Girl from H-Group 2, we've encountered th--"

But the message suddenly cut off, leaving the side of their line quiet, and the other groups speechless.

"Hagakure-san! Hagakure-san!" Ochaco tried to reestablish contact with H-Group 2, but it was fruitless. From what Toru was about to report, they quickly deduced that the villain group has made their move and attacked H-Group 2.

"Hagakure-san and the rest of H-Group 2 won't answer. Should we head over and help? What if Izu-- Midoriya-kun is facing them there? We're supposed to deal with him right?" Ochaco expressed, but Sen Kaibara (Gyrate user) argued.

"No. We don't know that, we need to stay put and wait till it's confirmed that Midoriya is sighted." Sen told her, "H-Group 2 has all the power they need. Kamakiri-kun and Tokage-kun are with them after all, in addition to your Bakugo." (Kamakiri HN: Jack Mantis; Tokage HN: Lizardy)

Sen then tuned in to the open channel of their comms, "H-Group 4 Earphone Jack, your group is in the same west side as H-Group 2, can you tell how many enemies they're currently fighting against?"

Kyouka hummed for a bit, then she answered, "I'm not sure but it seems they're facing equal numbers. I can't tell if there are any more hiding nearby though."

"Hm." Sen hummed as he thought.

"Sen, if you're worried, then let our group head over and provide reinforcements." Juzo (HN: Mudman), from the same group as Kyouka suggested.

"Yes! We should be able to get there quickly!" Tenya (HN: Engiknight) added in.

(a/n: thank you to Lazzynerd9000 for Tenya's hero name, tho I did change your suggestion a bit. 😁)

"Hm, okay. Head to their location quickly. Report back and inform us of their situation once you get there." Sen told them, and they responded with a mix of rogers and yesses.

"Uraraka-san, we need to rational in thinking. The sudden cut in miscommunication might be a trap." Pony told Ochaco as she clasped her hands together.

"Pony-san is correct, Uraraka-san." Sen told her, "We still do not know the locations of every member of the villain team. We also have no idea how they managed to suddenly cut off communications. It means that the villain team has a few tricks up their sleeve that we do not know about, and thus we should be wary about."

"Their objective is to take us all out, as ours is to take them out. If we're careless, we really might lose." Sen reminded her.

"We need to focus on rescuing the hostages first. Once we secure that objective, then we've guaranteed our win." He declared, then referring to the open channel, "Does everyone copy?"

"H-Group 6, copy!"

"H-Group 3, copy!"

"H-Group 4, copy!"

"H-Group 5, copy!"

"Good." Sen commented with a smile, then he began to remind their tasks, "H-Group 6, keep heading for the hostage location, and H-Group Tentacole, keep on keeping watch over their surrounding and warn them of any incoming enemies."

"Roger." Mezo (HN: Tentacole) responded.

-

In the monitor room, Sekijiro (Vlad King) smirked as they listened in and watched his student take charge.

But his attention, and the attention of the other teachers present, immediately went to the monitor whose camera feed got cut off.

That was the second feed to be cut off after the feed with Katsuki's group.

---

NOTES: I know that Sen in neither the anime nor the manga was shown to be a leader nor strategy guy, heck he's even ranked B in intelligence, but I needed someone to deliver exposition from the hero's side, and the two other candidates possible are characteristically not very good speakers.

Hey, it's my au. I can do what I want. :p

Also, slightly short chapter compared to the last few ones because I want the next scene to be isolated in its own chapter like the characters in it. x9