CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-TWO: Katsuki III

Nezu, All Might, and half of the faculty that had finally arrived at the area quickly rushed to the decimated and levelled plane where the swirling storm they barely missed earlier had crashed onto. Shota, Vlad, and Izuku's two friends were also quick to arrive at the scene.

Even though the faculty and the two students were supposed to have no clue as to what had transpired just then at Ground Gamma, the appearance of what seemed to be black lightning mixed in the storm, and the appearance of a disastrous super move they recognized to be by a certain greenet was enough to give them a rough idea of what exactly happened.

The two students were told to stay put and keep distance away right then which was met with much protest, but the heroes insisted that they stayed back while they themselves check on the green-haired student.

Shouto and Tenya were eventually able to be convinced by the heroes, and accepted to stay behind with Principal Nezu and All Might.

As Vlad, Shota (Eraserhead), Nemuri (Midnight), and Hizashi (Present Mic) began to approach the greenet, however, they were surprised and taken aback to see the thick layer of cloth beside the greenet begin to move and shift, until a certain explosive blonde finally came out of it and take multiple gasps of air.

The four hero teachers were surprised to find the blonde right in front of them, and they immediately informed the rest of the faculty who were supposed to find and deal with Katsuki that they had found him. They were still cautious of the explosive blonde however and they raised their guards around him, in fears that whatever Nezu had told them had appeared went berserk once more.

Katsuki was slightly confused by the thick durable blanket that covered him, he had no idea how he ended up within it, all he remembered was his conversation with the first user of One for All and--

Izuku! Katsuki's eyes went wide as he remembered his green-haired classmate, and he immediately looked around to look for him.

He immediately saw his teachers standing a few meters away from him looking wary, but he didn't put any attention onto them and just continued to look for the greenet.

But once he saw Izuku lying on his side unconscious and covered in dirt just a few feet away, he was immediately overcome with guilt and he immediately stood up to get to the greenet as he realized that the blanket that cushioned him might have actually been from his classmate, and that his classmate had actually acted to save his life somehow.

As he stood up though, his arms began to ache as a result of the powerful explosions he had produced earlier, and the sudden manifestation of a Quirk he never knew was even inside the Quirk he inherited.

So that was Blackwhip... Katsuki thought to himself before quickly pushing those thoughts to the back of his head and turning his attention back to his classmate.

He knelt down right beside the greenet as he began to see if there were any serious injuries on him, any broken bones, any severe open wounds, maybe broken ligaments, anything that might be a grievous state.

Katsuki had forgotten his vow. His vow to be better. A better person, a better classmate, a better successor. All the effort he poured to stop being the shitty person he was, all gone to waste because of his fear, his nightmare that he made himself believe had become true when he simply was just letting his emotions ahead of him.

His fear of that kid in black-- his fear of Izuku's brother, his fear of All for One-- they all took over his logical judgment and in the end, his fear and prejudice took the better of him and he ended up really villainizing Izuku.

He even refused to hear out Todoroki and Iida's pleas to listen and see that Izuku had already given up, that he had surrendered, but Katsuki himself kept pushing.

What if Katsuki ended up really pushing Izuku to his limits? What if what he did was all that was left for Izuku to finally turn to his family and become a villain? Nighteye had undoubtedly pushed the greenet closer to the edge, right? It's even a miracle that Izuku was still at UA.

Katsuki was an idiot. He was a fool. He was stupid enough to test Izuku, and yet in the end, it was still Izuku himself who risked his life, risked the betterment of his body to save Katsuki, without any doubt twice.

He'll find a way to repay back his classmate somehow. Katsuki will. He will. Someday, somehow.

"Izuku! Izuku, wake up! Wake up!" Katsuki pleaded as he repeatedly tapped his classmates' freckled cheek to awaken him.

He only stopped when he felt a hand land on his shoulder, making him look back and over to whoever it was, only to find his class adviser kneel on one knee beside him.

"Midoriya poured all his energy to getting you back from what I could tell. I think it's best to let him rest for now." Shota told his student to ease the worries he could tell were troubling him.

Katsuki was visibly reluctant but after some thought, he took a step back and gave his classmate some space.

As he and his adviser stood up, Shota gave him a few pats on the shoulder as if telling him he did a good job, exactly as they watched a number of robots carrying stretchers arrive at the scene.

Izuku was promptly placed into one of said stretchers, and Katsuki as well was suggested to get on one too.

Katsuki watched as Izuku's two friends, Icy-H-- Shouto and Tenya quickly ran towards the greenet's stretcher to check up on him as well, before looking over to his direction and glaring at him.

He could only mouth them an apology before averting gazes.

Toshinori could only look at his successor in concern from afar as he was carried to Ground Gamma' s infirmary, before he and the rest of the faculty at that area had to proceed to the location of the villains' hideout, as well as the other locations where the students had lost and remained at to assist them.

---

NOTES: Depending on your timezone, I technically updated twice in one day. :p