Chapter 32

AN: Finally. After 10 million years, I finally updating this story. Very sorry it took so long. School was being a bitch and my motivation is almost nonexistent at this point. So, to make up for it, I'm going to upload not one, not two but three chapters. Mind you, we wrote these chapters like ages ago and not of these have been proofread yet, so sorry. Anyways, without further ado, enjoy the chapters.

~Jakes POV~

I'm sitting on the floor enjoying the nice day with TN laying down next to me with Dark laying down by her head. I have to admit that I am much calmer now that she got me away from that situation and after we started talking. It felt like I could tell her anything.

Although my lip stopped hurting I still wanted to punch that guy in the face at least once...I really want to give him a black eye.

I sigh and look at TN...her eyes are closed and her breathing slowed a little indicating that she fell asleep.

Well that's not safe at all. What if I fell asleep as well? Something could have happened to her.

I look around to see no one around us and no one along the path toward the castle. I get up to stretch and look one more time before picking TN up in my arms.

Dark growled at me.

"It's ok I'm not going to hurt her. Come on follow me" I said softly making sure I didn't wake her up.

After I picked TN up Dark followed me to the castle. Once I got in I went up to my room and opened the door.

I laid TN down on my bed and covered her up with the covers as Dark jumped on the bed laying next to her. I sat down on the ground by the wall facing my bed letting her sleep in peace as I played with my necklace.

So much has happened last night and today and I only hope that it doesn't get worse.

I closed my eyes thinking of the man in the graveyard about how he looked so familiar....I sigh and decide to take a small nap.

I woke up realizing that I'm still in my room and that TN is still sleeping. I get up quietly and go to the balcony to look outside. It's just getting to be dark outside meaning we slept through the whole day, which I didn't mind. I liked spending time with TN.

I look at the sun and know it's about to be sunset any minute now.

I hear TN stir around and when I turn to face her, she's sitting up in my bed looking confused.

"I brought you to my room to sleep. I didn't want you to sleep on an uncomfortable floor the rest of the day" I look back at the sun "have you seen a sunset?"

TN lets out a yawn before answering. "I think so. I think the last time I saw it was years ago. I don't remember."

I opened the balcony doors and held my hand out "come on it's much prettier from this height I promise"

TN gets up from the bed and follows me out to the balcony. She stands next to me and we watch the sunset. The sun lets out a yellowish orange color as it disappears behind the horizon. I want to see what TN's expressions look like, so I look over to TN.

"See? It's beautiful" I said still looking at TN.

"Yeah." TN said distractingly.

I smile and stand closer to her "I remember when I went to the top of the hill in our village to see the sunset and it was quite beautiful. Sophia begged me to go with her and watch it" I smile wider thinking of that day like it was yesterday playing with the string around my neck.

"Sophia?"

TN turns to me and tilts her head to the side.

"Uh yeah we were really good friends when we were little" I felt my face heat up "we had a lot in common and she was there for me when my parents died. We were in love and going to get married after we graduated but uh something happened" I said the last part softly.

"I'm sorry." TN said softly.

I smile sadly "its ok...I got to spend a lot of time with her while she was alive. I have no regrets. I just blame myself you know...I could have did something"

We watch the sunset until it completely disappears. TN turns away from the sight and walks back inside. I follow her. TN stands in front of the door, her back towards my way.

"Thank you for showing me that." TN said. "I should get back to my room now."

She opens the door and walks out. Dark gives me a look before following. I watch as the door slowly shuts behind them.

I think back to what I said making sure I didn't offend her or make her upset. I don't know what I did for her to leave. I sigh. I go back to my balcony and stare at the sky.

I feel a tear run down my face..."I don't know what to do" I sniffed "I'm sorry" I said. I turned myself to face my room and plopped down. I started to cry.

"Everything is falling apart. I just want you back" I said...whether that was to my parents or Sophia I'm not sure. Maybe it was to both.

I closed my eyes and fell into darkness.

I wake up and look around. I'm still on the balcony and the sun is out. It's around lunch time judging by the sun's position. I sit up and leave my room with the same clothes I had on yesterday and go to the lunch room.

I get my lunch and sit at the table I normally sit at except that no one is here. I sit by myself and eat my food.

"You look like shit" Danielle said as she sat across from me looking tired.

"Touché. You didn't sleep?"

She shook her head no.

The prince came to sit by Danielle and gave her a good afternoon and said hello to me. I ignored him obviously

"Have you seen TN?" the prince asked. "There is something I need to talk to her about."

"I haven't seen her since...I mean nope don't know where she is. Probably in her room sleeping" I said suddenly looking at my meal in concentration trying to avoid staring from both parties.

"Umm no I haven't seen her either" Danielle said curiously probably staring at me. I wasn't going to look up to find out though.

"I'll go search for her later then." the prince said. "Hopefully, she can help me clear something up."

"Is something wrong?" Danielle asked concern in her voice.

"No. It's nothing." he said. "I just want to know more about Dark."

"Ohh ok" my sister said going back to her food.

I look at the prince thinking how selfish he is holding information like that from Danielle and TN.

I push my plate away and get up going to my room I need to be alone...