Chapter 16

~Jake's POV~

What is this prince thinking? Acting like he is concerned about Danielle's condition. It is his fault that she is like this.

But that wasn't my problem right now. The problem was when he asked me the last question.

"It's her power, isn't it?"

My heart feels like I was racing for a mile. No, we promised. We promised each other that we wouldn't tell anybody about our powers...not after what they did to our parents.

"I don't know what you're talking about. She might have just been exhausted."

I look at the prince with irritation. I don't want us to be these people's lab rats. I just want to go home.

"You don't have to hide from me." the prince said. "I already know about your sister's power. I knew when we first met each other. Before that even."

"How do you know? How did you know?"

I had so many more questions but too tired to ask. I'm tired of everything...

"Just as I told your sister," the prince said, "I have the ability to sense a person's power. Whether they know it or not. Whether they are strong or weak, I will alway know."

"I just don't understand but I don't understand a lot of things, so..." I shrug my shoulders, feeling tired of everything.

I sit back down in my chair, looking up at the ceiling.

"Just leave me alone..." I said, wanting to get some sleep but the prince just stood there looking at her and me.

"I can help." he said.

I laughed.

"You don't know anything about us. You can't help." I sit back up and look at him. "And even though you say you know us, you don't understand what we've been through. Especially her."

I get a little snippy at the end but what does he expect us to do? Throw him a parade just to thank him.

"I can help you find the people who killed your parents." he said after listening to me rant. "I can find those who took away everything from you and Danielle."

I laugh out a bitter laugh.

"What are you gonna do, huh? Hang them?"

I get out of the chair. The feeling of anger inside of me swells up more than before.

"You have no idea what else happened that night. You don't know what started anything." I spatted. "The trauma she's been through and the way things are..." I shook my head "if I can't even help her how can you?" I was done with this shit.

I want to walk out the room to clear my head. I have to get out of here... But the prince grabs my wrist, stopping me from taking a step. I was about to yell at him but something stops me. His eyes are narrow. His expression sends chills down my spine.

"You think I don't know how you feel." the prince said in a low voice, making the room colder with each passing word. "You said that I don't know what happened and that I don't understand how you feel. Well, I'll say that YOU don't know anything about ME. YOU don't understand how I feel. So, before you say that I don't understand anything, you should know and understand who I am first."

With that, the prince let's go of my wrist and storms his way out of the room.

How dramatic he is. He grew up rich and without a worry... Nothing like what we had to go through. He didn't have to worry about starving or needing money. I sigh as I look at Danielle, still sleeping...