Chapter 5

~Michael's POV~

No matter where I look. No matter where I turn. All I can see is blue. Blue to my left. Blue to my right. A never end of blue all around me. The only thing that wasn't blue is myself and this ship that I am on. And if I am on a ship, this means that I must be somewhere on the sea. It is quite calm. Nothing is disturbing the waters and the sky. Everything was clear, not even a cloud in the sky. I can feel my body relaxing.

But it seems like I was relaxing too soon.

The once bright, clear sky suddenly turns dark and gloomy. Storm clouds cover the sky quickly and create a rainstorm in a matter of minutes. I see lightning flashes not to long after. Heavy winds blow the water, making large wave and crashing it into the ship. The ship rocks back and forth and almost capsize a few times. I lose my balance from the rocking and trying to crawl to the mast. Once I reach there, I grab on to the loose rope that was flying about and pull myself up. I use the rope to tie myself to the mast. This proven to be useless as the ship gets hit by lightning, splitting it in half. The ship slowly sinks along with everything, even me, down with it. I hiss out a curse before grabbing my dagger from my belt. I cut the rope, but I was too late. Icy, cold water wraps around me as I sink down. I can see pieces of the ship above me. Something heavy looking object was sinking fast towards me. I barely avoid it.

I can't die, now. I think to myself. I can't die. My people need me.

With new motivation, I swim up. I can feel my limbs numbing from the cold water and my lungs desperate for air. I ignore it all. I dodge a few pieces of the ship and was close to the surface when something wraps around my leg. It violently drags me back down. I try to fight it, but it has a tight grip. I look down and see eyes staring back at me. I didn't have enough time before darkness took a hold of me.

-End of Dream-

I open my eyes. Sweat pours down my face as I sit up on my bed. I feel my heart beating fast and my chest desperate to suck in air. It took a few minutes for my body to calm down. I look around my room, studying it.

My room is very spacious, but I guess that comes with being a prince. To the left of me is a large window that leads to a balcony. Plants are placed near the rails. There are also a table and two chairs on the balcony. Still to the left near my bed, there is a doorway that leads to my private bathroom. In front of me is a desk and a large wardrobe. To my right is another doorway that leads to an endless hallway.

I look over the room once more before getting up and going out to the balcony. The sun just started to rise when I step out. It has been a while since I seen it. Since my –

I shake my head. No. No more of that. Instead, I watch the sunrise from the horizon. It is still as beautiful as ever. Seeing the red ball of fire that is the sun going up into the sky and bringing light on this land is always amazing to watch. The red, orange and yellow from the ground merging into the purple, blue and white in the sky. This has always been my favorite time of day.

It was like magic watching the sunrise, but it seems like that magic broke when someone knocks on the door. I let out a heavy sigh.

"Come in," I call.

A woman in a maid outfit walks in.

"It's time to get ready, Your Highness," she says.

I just nod and walk back into my room. The maid grabs my clothes for the day from the wardrobe, which is a white dress shirt, black pants and a white jacket. She also takes out a pair of white shoes. I watch as she drapes the clothes on the desk. I study the jacket. The jacket is pure white with blue and gold accents around the cuffs and the bottom of it. The Astith's emblem is embroidered on the left side where my chest is. The emblem has a ring of fire circling around a dragon, which looks like it is curled up into a ball. I never know the meaning of the emblem, but I always thought it was cool.

I frown when I see the clothes. They are always stiff and suffocating to wear, but I must put up with it as I am the prince. I must not let my personal opinion distract me from my duty for my kingdom. I let the maid take off and put on my clothes. Once all of that was done, we move to my bathroom.

My bathroom is just as big as half of my room. There is a large tub in the back of the room that is build into the floor. Along the left side of the wall, there are three sinks with one big mirror and a chair. On the right is one large glass window. I go to the chair and sit on it, facing the mirror. In the reflection, I see a person with short red hair with a blond strand on the right side of their head. Their dark blue eyes stare back at me with the look of exhaustion. There is a woman with long blond hair standing behind the person with a hairbrush in her hand. She begins to brush their hair, getting all the tangles out.

Although I don't think of myself as a narcissist, I can't lie that I am good looking. But that is all people sees of me. A handsome prince that is ignorant and naïve to rule this kingdom. I can feel my blood boiling. I'm not just a handsome prince. I'm not just a naïve and ignorant prince. I'm more than that, but there is nothing for me to do. That thought replace my anger to sadness.

Stop it. Your emotions do not matter. Once you take over the throne, then you can prove them.

"Your Highness," the maid behind me calls.

I break out of my thoughts. I look at the maid from the mirror.

"I'm all do, Your Highness."

"Right. Thank you," I said. "You are dismissed."

The maid bows and walks out. I sigh and walk out as well. I can think more once I finish school and work on that project that I have been planning for a while. But I can't shake this feeling that something is going to happen soon.

Written by: TN