Chapter 24

~TN's POV~

It is around nighttime now and I am still trying to process what happened.

To think I passed out in front of people is the stupidest thing I could have done. What would happen if I didn't wake up? What if someone killed me while I was unconscious?

I hate thinking how I could have been killed or unable to move anymore. I hate that I could have possibly left Dark alone with people who could have killed him.

I mentally shake myself out of these thoughts and instead focus on Charmer. I can tell how much he loves his sister. If the way his eyes watered and him running away tells me anything.

Dark brings me back to reality by licking my cheek. I give him a wobbly smile. I sit up and feel my body cracking from staying in one spot for a long time. I groan from my aching limbs.

"I want to go outside." I said out loud.

Dark barks in agreement and hops off the bed. I follow him and put on my jacket. After getting checked by the doctors, I was told to rest in my room for two days but I know I would go crazy if I stay in one place for a long time. So going against orders, I leave my room. I make sure to grab my sword before I walk out. With Dark at my heel, we walk out to the training area. Of course there are no people out with how late it was. Which is perfect for me as I am not comfortable with people watching. But even if there are no people, I go to the same spot that I found with Charmer.

I did some simple stretches before beginning my disruptive training. Ever since I started classes, I was unable to practice my sword technique in the morning anymore. So I either have to train very early in the morning or late at night. Waking up before dawn and training in the cold is something I did not want to do so nighttime for me.

I let my body follow the familiar moves of the sword. I start off with some simple swings. Swing left. Swing right. Up. Down. Repeat. I did this a couple of times before

going into the really hard training.

"Okay, Dark. Let's do it." I said.

Dark barks. Suddenly four dark shadowy figures appear out of nowhere. They look almost like me but clearly not me. The one on the far right rushes towards me. I dodge to the side and spin, cutting it in half. Once my sword slices through it, the shadowy figure disperses into nothing. Again, one of the figures attacks me. This time I step back and stab it through the chest. The next attack is with the last remaining figures going at me at the same time. I duck the first figure, swiping my leg under it. Although I did not feel it, I can tell that the figure falls to the ground. The second one tries to grab me but I kick it on its side. Quickly, I stab both of them.

Slowly getting up, I let out a sigh. I suddenly jump and point my sword behind me. Although I could not see them well in the dark, I can tell it was Troublemaker.

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you" she said coming into the light for me to see her.

"What was with the shadow figures? I've never seen anything like that" she asked.

"Dark's power." I said.

I lower my sword but did not put it back in its sheath. I turn back around and focus on Dark.

"One more time." I commanded.

Again, Dark barks and shadow figures appear. This time there are 6.

"Amazing! I never knew an animal could have powers. It feels almost human his power. Very strong indeed"

I ignore her as I attack the figures. Instead of them going first, I went first. They all disappear in no time.