Chapter 19

~TN's POV~

Lunch and dinner went by quickly. Both times I sat and ate with Charmer. We didn't talk much, just sat there quietly. It wasn't unpleasant, much to my surprise. I was sure he was going to ask me questions or at least talk about something. He did neither of those. I was also wondering what is going on with his sister. She was quiet during lunch and didn't show up at all during dinner. It seemed to me like something was occupying her. Like something was on her mind. I can see it affecting Charmer. Maybe that was why he didn't talk to me as much as I thought he would.

When it hits nighttime, Prince visited me in my room. It wasn't a long meeting. He just asked how I was and if there is anything that I needed. Although I wanted to not trust him, something about his tone almost made me think he genuinely cares. Almost. I wasn't going to let my guard down just because of that.

Now is the next day and I did not get any sleep at all. I suspected this to happen as this is a place I never been before and with so many people around, I couldn't relax. Didn't help that I was shivering from the cold. I see the light creeping through the curtains. Even though I get up early to get work done, I never was a morning person. I groan loudly as I sit up. My body shakes violently as the blanket falls off me. Dark whines from beside me. He is still asleep and rolls over, nearly falling off the bed. I look down at my hands and see them turning blue again. I let a curse out from under my breath and rub my hands together, hoping they would get warmer.

Spoiler: they didn't.

I give up and go get ready for the day. It wasn't much different from how I usually do back at home. The only difference is that I am at a different place and everything was still too big. I grumble in annoyance when it takes forever to get to the bathroom. Before I can fully step into the bathroom, someone knocks on my door. I was about to ignore it, but the knocking keeps persisting. I sigh and open the door. A woman is standing on the other side of the door with a bucket full of steaming water.

"Good morning." the woman said. "I hope you have a pleasant night."

I didn't answer her. I stare at the woman, making her squirm in her place. She clears her throat before handing me the bucket.

"Here is some warm water to help you get washed up."

I grab the bucket and nod. Not waiting, I close the door and finally get in the bathroom. Instead of washing my face right away, I stick both my hands into the water. I can feel my hands immediately warming up. Because of the sudden temperature change, my hands feel almost scorching hot, but I didn't care. I leave my hands in the water until they aren't blue anymore. I scoop some water into my hands and wash my face. Once I am clean, I grab a small towel and dry my face and hands.

I walk back into the main room and grab clothes for the day. I didn't bother with the uniform that was laid out for me the previous day. Just seeing those makes me feel like I'll become one of Prince's little mindless slaves. I don't like that at all. So I just wear a torn-up shirt, black pants and my mismatched boots. Before I could put on my jacket, I strap on two of my daggers around my waist, having them on my back to hide under my jacket. The last dagger that I have goes into my right boot. The last thing I put on was my sword and I finally put my jacket on.

Dark is waiting for me by the door. I open the door and was about to step out when something red caught my eye. This reminded me that I have to return the blazer to Charmer. I grab the red blazer and walk out. I didn't have to look for him as he too walks out of his room which was a few doors away from mine's. He spots me and waves to me. He then walks closer to me.

He's wearing a blue shirt with black pants and some boots. As he walks closer, I can see that his eyes seem more blue due to the shirt.

"Well hello TN, Sleep well?" he asked.

"Fine." I lied. "You?"

"Fine" but I can tell he was also lying. "Will you accompany me to breakfast?"

The thought of food in the morning twists my stomach into knots.

"No." I said bluntly. "I would rather train."

Or anything that doesn't involve eating. For as long as I can remember, I couldn't stomach food in the morning. That is why I would always skip breakfast.

"That's alright. I never ate breakfast, anyway. Just asking. May I come with you to train or would you rather be alone? Please be honest. I feel like I'm intruding."

I was about to reject him but stop myself. I think about him being my training partner. Although Dark is a great partner, there are limits to having the same partner.

"Alright. You can train with me." I said.

He smiled "Great. Lead the way, then."

I look at him for a moment before going to the training area. I can feel Dark walking not too far behind me with Charmer following. As we get to the area, I see there aren't as many people as it was yesterday. This is perfect since I don't feel comfortable having people watching me. Even though there aren't a lot of people, I still find a spot where people wouldn't watch us. Dark walks around the spot, sniffing to make sure nothing is dangerous around. Dark nods to me, assuring me that it is safe.

"Here." I said.

"What's your power again? I forgot."

He looked like he was thinking as he said it.

"Fire manipulation." I said. "But I'm not here to train with my powers. I'm here to train with my sword."

Even if I wanted to train with my powers, I couldn't. I have already exhausted myself after these past few days. I still haven't recharged. That is why my body is so cold.

"Fire? Wow that's a rare power you know" he seemed surprised when I told him.

I actually don't know, but I keep that to myself.

"What's your?" I asked instead.

Before Charmer can answer me, the butler who was showing me around yesterday runs up to us.

"There you two are." he panted out. "What are you doing here? You should be in class right now."

"Class?" I repeated.

"Yes. Now, hurry."

The butler pushes both Charmer and me towards the opposite side of where we came from. Dark quickly follows us before he is walking right beside me. He stops pushing us when we reach a building that I haven't toured to yet. What did he mean by class? What is a class? I want to ask, but I feel like I'll be made fun of if I did. So, I keep my mouth shut. I'll probably learn what class is soon  .