Chapter 27

~TN's POV~

I decided to skip classes. To be honest, I feel so restless just sitting there for so long. I am surprised I haven't burst into flames already. I can also tell that Dark doesn't like being stuck in the same room multiple hours per day.

I think about how Troublemaker talked about not being weak and is willing to die just to show people that. Honestly, it kinda irritates me. Being strong is pointless if you are dead. Especially when you have someone they care about. The reason I go and kill monsters is because I have no one that cares about me. By watching Troublemaker and Charmer these last few days, I can tell how much they care and will protect each other. Even Prince has people caring for him.

I may have Dark, but he doesn't need me. Dark might have a family but is with me because he is worried.

I shake my head and focus on the little expedition around the castle. It unnerves me of how big this place is. Too many places to hide. Too many places for people to attack me.

I feel a shiver running down my spine. I quickly turn around. Besides the decorations and carpet, the hallway is completely empty. I feel my breath getting shorter and shorter. My heart pounding against my ribcage.

"Let's go outside, Dark." I said suddenly.

I briskly walk off, not bothered to see if Dark was following or not. It was once when we got outside that I can breathe easier. I've been feeling paranoid these past few days that I jump at every little thing. Luckily I know how to hide it, but it still does not stop me from feeling this away.

I need to get out. I need to get away.

As I turn my head around, I see trees just over the tall wall. Further inspecting the wall tells me that I can climb. Dark must have sensed what I was thinking as he lets out a whine.

"What do you think?" I asked Dark.

He nods his head. Without further confirmation, I quickly make my way to the wall and climb it. I didn't have to worry about Dark since he could use his powers to get to the other side. It is unfortunate that he can't use his powers on both of us as it is daytime.

As I get over the wall I see someone punching a tree and I squint to see who it is, it's charmer. He looks focused and determined but most importantly looks mad while punching extremely hard on the tree. I can see holes in the trees. His face kinda scares me so I sit on top of the wall. I watch as he slams his fist into the trunk. Barks were sent flying with each hit. It is both terrifying and fascinating to watch. I watched a little bit longer before deciding that he had enough.

"You should take a break!" I shouted from where I am.

He jumps from my voice. He looks around trying to see who it was, ready to attack. Once he sees me on top of the wall, he relaxes.

"What are you doing up there?" He asked, seeming relieved I made him stop.

"Enjoying the view." I said.

"Oh so I'm the view I guess huh?" He yelled back teasingly, smirking.

"Yes." I said with a straight face.

He shook his head and laughed "always a surprise with you. Why don't you come down I could use the company and a break"

I let out a hum. It is very comfortable sitting here. Even Dark joined me when I was distracted. Being up high like this, I can feel the sun warming me.

"Nah." I said. "I am too comfortable up here."

"Alright then" he walks to the wall and looks up at me. He looks like he's thinking and then he just starts climbing up the wall to get to me. Once he gets up to where I am he sits next to me.

He looks out into the forest and says "wow it is a good view from up here"

I look out and see what he means. Although I see mostly trees, I can see the mountains from far away. That and along with the blue sky and white clouds make the scene look so beautiful. I turn my head to see Charmer's face, but my eyes catch something. An arch of colors looms over the mountain. The rainbow looks faded but it looks pretty all the same.

"Huh." I let out. "I think this is the first time I've seen a rainbow."

He turns his head to me "really? I remember when I was a kid I used to have to wake up super early to go and work but man the view was beautiful and I saw a rainbow. It made me think that there was hope, you know?"

"Hope for what?"

"Hope that in the end this is all worth it" he moves his hand all around. "That we get to see the people who died again. That's what I hope for" he said sadly.

"Hope, huh." I said, more to myself than to him.

I look to the rainbow again, fading more than it was earlier. I look back to Charmer. My heart aches when I see the sadness and loneliness in his eyes. Can't bare looking, I turn away.

"I stopped hoping when I was younger." I said. "Because every time I hope, my heart breaks. Hope leads to expectations. Expectations lead to heartaches."

"They sure do" he said more to himself than me. He looked at me and added "you don't think they would look for me if I left for the rest of today do you?"

I shrug my shoulders.

"Probably notice you more than me." I said. "You are popular."

"I'm popular?" He questioned in confusion.

"If those girls have anything to say about it, then yeah you're popular." I teased.

He shook his head "I barely notice them. I just pretend they aren't there and besides I have to go back home just for tonight. I know you're going to miss me though" he said the last part teasing me.

"Not as much as you will."

He laughed "well then maybe you should come with me since we will miss each other too much"

"No way." I said. "We may be talking like friends right now, but I don't trust you enough to not murder me."

"I'm not going to murder you. Is that what you think?" He turns fully to me "listen I know that you don't trust anyone and that's fine but you gotta at least trust one person. How about this I tell you something I never told anyone else and that no one else knows but my sister because I feel like I can trust you and I want you to at least trust someone so what do you say?"

I look at him, staring straight into his eyes. I can tell that he is telling the truth. I look away. List of pros and cons flash through my mind. Honestly, there wasn't even a choice to make. I already know the answer.

AN: My update schedule is wacked. Luckily school is almost over, so I'll be updating more.