Chapter 21

~Michael's POV~

It has only been a few days since they started living here at the castle. It has also been a few days since I saw them as I have been busy with my prince duties.

My father, having heard about the new students, was furious that I would enroll them without his permission or even informing him about it. He is even more furious to know that a wolf of all creatures is roaming the castle.

Of course, I explained to him why I let them attend our school. He seems to accept my explanation but punishes me with a lot of work.

But that is all behind me now. Now I can check on them. The first person I went to see is Danielle. She is the only person I haven't spoken to yet as she was unconscious when I came to visit her.

The first place I went to search is the dorm rooms. I heard from Aragon that Danielle hasn't been coming out of her room and this worries me. It takes me a while to get to the rooms as my room is on the north wing of the castle while the rooms are on the south wing. Once I finally reach Danielle's room, I knock on the door.

"Danielle!" I called her name.

She opens the door quite fast "What, I told you to-oh it's you sorry" she bows her head looking flustered.

I blink at her, trying to process what just happened.

"May I come in?" I asked after I got over her sudden outburst.

"Uh sure I mean of course" she opens the door more allowing me to come in.

I look around her room. Her room is smaller than mine's but not by much. It also looks almost completely bare.

Danielle goes to sit on the bed while I go sit on the chair near the desk.

"So, how are things going?" I started.

"Fine I guess" she shrugs as she says it.

"And your brother?"

"Wonderful, he thinks we should stay"

I frown at that statement. From my interaction with Jake when we interacted, it was clear to me that he didn't want to be here.

"Really now?" I said, more to myself than to Danielle. "From our, um, conversation when you were unconscious, it seems to me that he wanted to leave. What changed his mind?"

She laughed "does it really matter? He grew very fond of this place or at least that's what he says" it seems like she wasn't telling me the whole thing but I didn't press her on it.

"What about you? Do you not like it here?" I asked.

"I miss my home and I have no reason to trust you. No offense to you though, I just don't know you well enough to trust you"

I know what she means. I would be in the same position as her. But I need them. I need them to protect and save this kingdom. My kingdom.

"If you want to know about me more," I said, "then why don't we hang out more?"

"Are you serious?" She has a questionable look on her.

"Well, yes." I said. "You interest me a lot and I want to get to know you more. So, why don't we hang out?"

I look directly into Danielle's eyes and try to see what she is thinking.

She looks shocked but just says "ok then how about now?"

I shrug in a unprinceily way.

"Why not? We could get food right now."

'Sure lead the way" she waits for me.

I nod and get up from my seat. Danielle also gets up and follows me. Half way through the hallway, we run into TN and Dark.

"TN." I called out.

TN and Dark see us walking up to them. TN frowns at us and turns away. She didn't even bother saying anything. Teresa walks away but she is stopped. Not by me, but by Dark. Dark grabs the edge of TN's jacket in his mouth. TN looks at Dark in surprise. The two look at each other for a while before TN sighs.

"Fine." TN mumbled.

TN turns to us. She has her arms crossed. To put up a wall or to act tough, I don't know.

"What do you want?" TN asked.

I almost flinch from her cold question but manage to stop myself.

"I was wondering if you want to join us." I said before turning my attention to Danielle. "Right, Danielle?"

"Uh sure yeah"

Before TN can say something, probably a no, Dark pushes TN from behind. TN glares at the wolf, but Dark continues to push her. TN gives up.

"Fine. I'll join you with whatever you are doing." TN said.

"We are going to the mess hall to eat." I explained.

"Wouldn't that look bad for you, Prince?" TN asked. "Being around two commoners and eating with them."

"I may be a prince," I stated, "but I am also a student here. And as a student, I am no different from you and Danielle."

TN snorts but says nothing. I look at Danielle to see what she thinks about my statement.

Danielle laughs and says "why wouldn't you want to be treated differently? I mean think of the possibilities" she says in a non serious tone.

I frown at that.

"I want to know what people think without bias thoughts. I want to know my people and want to change if there is a problem. If I am treated as a prince, people would lie to me just to please me. I want honest answers. So please, treat me like I am just your friend."

I look at the two girls in front of me. I watch their faces for emotions. I can't tell what TN is thinking. She shows no emotions. Even her eyes look at me blankly.

Danielle, on the other hand, seems conflicted. She bits her lips as she looks left and right. Like she is making sure no one hears us.

"Do what you want." TN said. "It'll make no difference to me."

Satisfy with that, I look at Danielle.

"Danielle?" I called.

She shrugs "sure I don't care I always give my honest opinion whether it hurts your feelings or not now can we go eat I'm hungry"

I laughed. "Yeah. Let's go."