Chapter 14

~Jake's POV~

I don't trust the prince. When we got in trouble with those guys, I thought they were going to exile us. But when I saw the prince, I thought they were going to kill us. Not take us away to a school. As I look around my new room, I'm getting more and more jumpy.

On the bed is a uniform that has a note by it. The note says to put it on. I make a face but put it on regardless. This is not our home anymore. We have to follow their rules precisely. I don't want to get on their bad side. I put on the horrible outfit and see that it's kinda like a uniform. A very bad uniform...

When I put all my things away, I leave my room and go knock on Danielle's door. When she opens it, I frown. She doesn't have the uniform on, just her regular attire. Black shirt, light shorts and black boots or what she likes to call it her "favorite cute boots". They just looked like regular combat boots to me.

She stares at me for a minute before bursting into laughter.

"What the hell are you wearing?" she asked in between laughing her ass off.

I didn't find it funny though. I don't see anything wrong with a uniform. I mean it's a high-end school. What did she expect? I look down at myself.

I'm wearing a buttoned-down white shirt with red pants with some white shoes. I even have a red blazer and a tie. I know it probably doesn't sound good, but I think I look rather handsome with it on.

"You need to wear yours as well." I told her because I don't want any trouble.

I mean it. It is our first day. I don't want to get us in trouble. Who knows what will happen?

"I rather die than wear a skirt and besides," she paused for a dramatic effect, "I don't think I would look good in red and that's a lot of red."

She laughs again. I have a feeling that she's going to be making fun of me the entire day...but hey that's what she does.

"Let's just go." I said as I lead us to our destination.

I start walking down the stairs, and I hear her walking behind me to catch up, still laughing but silently. I sigh. It's going to be a long day. I know it. Once we got to where we were supposed to be, the man that lead us to our room yesterday was waiting in a big foyer.

"Ah. Lord Jake, so good to see you in the uniform. Lady Danielle." The man, Aragon I think his name was, commented.

He looks at her and has a concerned look on his face... SEE I knew it!

"Don't worry about it. I will take it up with whoever is in charge." She said like it was no big deal.

"Well, the prince should be back in an hour or two." Aragon stated. "I'll make sure you two talk it out. Now, please follow me"

Aragon leads us. We walk around for quite a while, seeing the scenery until we got to a big open field with people everywhere wearing the same uniform. They are divided into pairs and are using their powers to fight.

"This is our training yard where the students come to train and hang out. You both are going to be spending all of your time here the first couple of weeks to get used to it." Aragon said.

I look around and there are so many people with different powers. I turn to look at my sister to see her reaction, but she looks like she can't breathe...

"Danielle." I called.

She starts to fall to her knees, but I caught her before she hits the ground.

"Lady Danielle." Aragon said in a concerned voice as he frantically tried to get someone to help her.

Another man comes and helps her up onto a gurney. He says that they were bringing her to the doctor. I nod and follow them.

*****

I'm sitting just outside the door where they brought my sister in 30 minutes ago. They said they had to run some test. So, I'm stuck in here. It's not bad but this girl keeps staring at me. I see her out the corner of my eye just openly staring at me. Now, I don't mind. It's just that girls use to do it to where they think I won't notice but it's so painfully obvious, well to me anyway.

"You don't have to worry. I'm sure she's going to be ok." the girl said, breaking me out of my thought.

"Thanks, but what makes you say that?" I asked.

She's not bad looking. I just don't like the staring. Why can't girls just talk to me instead of trying to stare at me all day?

"I'm Emily. A healer." She said. "They said they didn't need me. I'm sure your girlfriend is fine."

Her smile wavers at the word girlfriend. Seriously? Even if she was pretty, we only known each other for like 5 minutes...

"Oh, she's not my girlfriend." I stated. "She's my sister."

Hearing that made Emily smiles again and leans on the counter that she was standing behind.

"Oh, really." She said, purring at me. "I just thought since y'all came together that that was the case... So then maybe I can show you around later?"

I can see Emily fluttering her eyes. I almost gag from how hard she is trying to flirt me. Before I could answer, the door opens and one of the doctors say that I could see her. I get up and walk through the door, completely ignoring Emily. Don't get me wrong. She's nice and everything but I gotta make sure if Danielle is alright.

As I walk in with the doctor, he says that they are still running some test, but she seems to be fine now. He explains that she's still sleeping and doesn't know when she's going to wake up. He brings me to the room she is in. It's a small room with a bed and a chair next to it. He says that I can stay here until she wakes and that he will be checking in on her every 30 minutes. After that he leaves. I am left alone with Danielle. With nothing else to do, I sit on the chair next to her bed, praying that she wakes up soon.

It going to be a long day...

Written by: Dan