Chapter 22

~TN's POV~

To say having lunch with Prince and Troublemaker is something I don't think I would be doing willingly. I don't know what has gotten into Dark, but he seems to want me to hang out with them. It doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping at all during the days I have been here. So my tolerance for people is slowly diminishing.

Actually, it is not slowly diminishing. It is rapidly diminishing.

So, here I am. Sitting with these two in a really noisy dining hall. Surrounded by a whole lot of people. And again, the people forget to bring Dark his food. Like is it so hard to bring a wolf some food? Apparently, it is. I have to sneak into the kitchen to give him food.

I huff in irritation as I split my food with Dark. I ignore Prince and Troublemaker to the point that I don't even know what they are talking about.

"What about you?" Prince asked.

I hear silence from them. It takes me a minute to realize he was asking me something.

"What about me?" I asked.

"What do you like to do?" he rephrased his question. "Do you have any hobbies or something?"

I frown at the question. I do have one, but I am usually so busy that I haven't been able to do it for so long.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked. "Why do you want to know something so useless?"

I watch as Prince opens his mouth, but he wasn't the one to voice out. I turn to Troublemaker.

I noticed she wasn't really paying attention either but says "it isn't really useless he's just trying to get you to talk and be comfortable"

"Not very comforting when there are so many people around." I said. "What about you? Aren't you going to say something?"

"Well I love to read. My mother always used to read and tell us stories. It was nice" the way she said it was like reliving a memory because she had a small smile on her face. She looked around like she was nervous but her eyes landed on Dark like she's studying him. Odd

"I never learn to read or write, so I don't know what it is like to enjoy a book." I commented.

Prince and Troublemaker look at me with disbelief on their faces.

"How are you even keeping up in class?" Prince asked.

I shrug.

"The more practical classes are easy as I learned how to defend myself when I lived in the forest. For the other classes, I just don't pay attention at all." I explained.

"Well you can always learn" Troublemaker said and did the oddest thing. She looked at Dark again, shook her head after a couple of minutes and gave me her piece of bread.

"I don't need it." I said.

I push her hand away. Upon touch, Troublemaker flinches. I didn't know why before remembering that my hands are cold. Again, I see that they are blue again. I curse under my breath and hide my hands under the table.

"It wasn't for you, he's still hungry. Are you ok" she's said.

"Greedy wolf." I mumbled before quickly grabbing the bread and giving it to Dark. "And I am fine."

She looked suspicious but didn't say anything except "Dark is a very beautiful wolf, very low tempered"

"He has been like that as long as I remember." I said.

To be honest, I don't remember how I met Dark. All I know is that he has been by my side. Not even my parents or some guardian figure have been with me as long as Dark is.

"Still, Dark is an unusual wolf." Prince pointed out. "He is quite tame and is larger than any of the wolves I ever seen."

I shrug. Although I live in a forest, I never actually met another wolf. I don't know if it is because of Dark or the monsters in the forest, but as long as they stay away, I can continue to live without any more inconvenience.

My thoughts are interrupted when someone sits next to me. I look to my side and see Charmer sitting in the seat next to me.

"Hello TN" he looks at me giving me a nod and then nods to his sister and the prince.

"Dark is very fond of you. I think that's the main reason" Troublemaker said to me, ignoring her brother's presence.

"Jake. How are you doing?" Prince asked. "I hope everything is to your liking."

I block the two boys and focus on the girl.

"How do you know that?" I asked. "Is that your power or something?"

The memory of the day we met flashes through my mind. What she did to Dark still bother me, but I have a feeling that she isn't going to tell me.

She shrugs "yes and no. Still don't trust people to say" her eyes went to the prince as she continued eating.

I suspect she would say something like that. Even if I can't sense powers, I can tell she is powerful. I didn't push for more questions and played with my food instead of eating. After a minute of playing around, I sigh before giving it to Dark. Dark looks at me with concern. Without thinking, I pet his head. Even through his thick fur, Dark still flinches from the cold touch.

"Are you alright?"

I could barely make out Prince's voice. My head suddenly feels like it is stuffed with cotton and my vision gets blurry. I feel much colder than before. I look down at my hands to see that not only are my fingers blue but my entire hand is.

Panic strikes me as this is the first time anything other than my fingers are blue. My breath shortens every time I take a deep breath. Air is stuck in my throat. My eyes burn as I feel something wet dripping down my face.

I can hear people around me but can't make out the words. For a moment, I feel pain on the side of my head before going into darkness.