Chapter 15

We arrive at the castle a bit earlier than I expected. It is kind of disappointing to say the least. I wanted to get to know TN a little bit more. Compare to the usually I am around, TN is different. She makes me want to know more about her.

Surprisingly, I know quite a lot during our trip. She did not talk much, but she did do a lot. She would walk beside the carriage throughout most of the trip and takes an hour rest in between. Dark is always by her side no matter what. I don't think they are ever apart, except maybe that time where we first met. It is strange sight to see, but I can't imagine them separating, even though I only know them for a short period.

Halfway from where we started, we made a little campsite. I made sure to send a message to Aragon, so he doesn't panic when we didn't arrive on time. I am glad I have the foresight to get extra food. This is where I learn a lot of who TN is. TN knew how to setup camp. She quickly built a firepit in a matter of seconds and started to cook right after. Her cooking is the best thing I have ever eaten in a long time. Judging by the coachman and Dark practically inhaling their food, they seem to enjoy eating it too. Around nighttime, TN and Dark watched as the coachman and I slept. I didn't even know they did that until the sun started to rise. I don't even know if they slept at all. I asked if they did, and TN said they take turns taking watch. This made me feel bad, but I can't do anything about it.

Now we reach the castle. TN fell asleep in the carriage. Dark is wide awake. His glaze is fixated on me the whole way. The look it is giving is that of suspicion, like it is trying to see my soul. It unnerves me but I hide it from the wolf. I don't know if I fool him or not, but he kept on staring. Sensing that we arrived, TN wakes up. She stretches her arms up, flinching when she hits the ceiling. TN shakes the pain while looking out the window. TN freezes when she sees the castle.

"It's big." TN commented.

I detect awe in her voice, although it is very small to hear it.

"And this is where we are going to be staying." I said.

I get out when the door open. I hear TN and Dark following behind me. I also hear a whine coming from the wolf.

"Is it okay for Dark to be here?" TN asked with uncertainty in her voice.

It is hard to tell the worry in her face as TN's face is showing no emotions. I thought I was imaging that her voice being concern, but as I look closer, I can see it with the way she fidgets the hilt of her sword. I also know that she is worried because of her shifting back and forth. Dark also looks nervous. Its tail moves back and forth, swishing lowly on the ground. It would also look at TN then at me then back to her.

"Yes." I answered. "If anyone going to give you problems, just tell me."

TN nods. Before I can assure her, Aragon rushes up to us.

"Your Highness," Aragon called, "I'm glad you are here."

"Of course, I am." I said. "Is something the matter?"

"It is Lady Danielle." Aragon said. "She collapsed an hour ago."

I feel my heart drop.

"Where is she now?" I asked.

"She is in the infirmary, Sir."

I nod. I turn to TN. She looks confused at what is happening. Dark continues to stare at me but in curiosity than suspicion.

"Aragon, please take TN and Dark's things and show them to their room. I will go and see Danielle right away."

"Of course, Your Highness." Aragon said before turning his attention to TN. "Lady TN. This way please."

Aragon takes a few steps away. He turns back to see TN and Dark haven't move at all. TN looks between Aragon and me. She looks like she is trying to decide to go or not. In the end, TN moves, following Aragon. Dark follows not too far behind. Once I see them disappear, I make my way to the infirmary. As I go around the corner, I see Emily at the desk.

"Emily." I called.

Emily jumps before looking at me. She gives be a small, shy smile.

"Prince Michael!" Emily exclaimed. "You're back."

"Yes. Can you tell me where Danielle is?" I asked.

"Oh. She should be in the last room." Emily explained.

"Thank you."

With that, I nod to her and make my way to the room. I briskly walk down the hall, nodding to the passing doctors and nurses. When I finally make it to the room, I knock on the door. I wait for a minute before the door open. I see Danielle's brother as the door gets wider. I look at him from bottom to top. I see that he is wearing the school uniform.

"Prince." Jake said.

"Yes." I said. "I heard what happened. Is she okay?"

Jake looks at me for a moment before stepping to the side and lets me in. I walk in and see Danielle on the bed. I don't see anything wrong with her. If anything, she seems to be asleep. I could be wrong though as it could be a mental thing.

"The doctor said that she is sleeping right now." Jake answered as he goes to sit down in the chair next to Danielle's bed. "They said they don't know why she collapsed."

"Can you explain what you were doing before she passed out?"

"We were getting ready for the day and meeting up outside of our room." Jake began. "Once we were together with Aragon, we were going to the training area. He was explaining to us that we were going to spend most of our time there. That is when Danielle collapsed."

I take the information in and process it. No matter how I look at it, I know there is only one reason she would have collapsed like that. I think Jake knows it too.

"It's her power, isn't it?"

Written by: TN

Note: In the next coming chapters, both Danielle and I will be working on them together. I hope you'll like it.