Chapter 17

~TN's POV~

Well, he sure is a charmer.

I guess that's what I'm going to call him from now on.

I look at the blazer that he gave me before turning my attention back to where Charmer walked off to. I then look at Dark.

"So, what do you think about him?" I asked Dark.

Dark looks at me and gives me a head tilt. If he was a human, I would think he would shrug his shoulder.

"Always helpful, I see."

I roll my eyes and watch the students train. Honestly, why did I even need to be here? I don't need others to train with. Dark is a perfect partner to train with. I don't need anyone else. I look down at the blazer again.

That guy. I don't know how to feel about him. He is the first person, besides his sister, to do anything nice for me. The people I usually interact with are either afraid of me or completely ignore my presence. I don't know when it was the last time I talked to someone who doesn't treat me like some kind trash laying on the ground.

Actually, I don't think anyone talked to me like that.

But Charmer. He is different. He said that he doesn't think of me as a witch. For some reason, it makes my heart jump. It warms my chest in a way that I never felt before.

This scares me. And if something scares me, the only thing I can think of is to be cautious. I don't trust Charmer. Just like how I don't trust Prince or Troublemaker. They may not care about my witch status, but I think they want something from me.

Why would Troublemaker help me? What did she do to Dark that day? Why would Prince want me to go to this stupid school when I already mastered my power? Why would Charmer talk to me like I am a normal person?

There are so many questions that I want answered but can't. Not right now at least.

I let out a sigh before gently pushing Dark off. I know that it is quite warm out here, but with me using my powers for two days straight without charging, my body temperature is dangerously low. I look at my hands and see that my fingertips are blue. I should buy some gloves. I mentally put that in my list before getting off the bench. Butler, who was standing behind me, moves closer to me.

"Are you ready to continue the tour, Lady TN?" he asked.

I feel my nose scrunching up.

"No." I said. "I want to go back to my room."

"As you wish, Lady TN."

I nod before walking off. Dark walks alongside me. I feel the butler following me. I turn my head and see him a few feet behind me.

"I can find my way." I said.

Not waiting for a response, I walk again. I can feel the people staring at me as I passed by. I ignore it. It is nothing new. People at the village do that to me whenever I come by. I can't completely ignore it as my body tenses, getting ready to attack just in case. I can never let my guard down, especially here. Dark is thinking the same as I also feel him tensing up.

I wish I was back home.

Because I memorize my way, I have no problem finding my room again. When I close the door, I relax. Not completely, but just enough so I can move around freely. I look around my room and frown at it. It is nothing like home. It is too big. It is too spacious. Too many places for someone to hide and attack me undetected. It is not just the room. It was the whole castle. Every corner, every room, I feel like someone is going to attack me if I'm not careful.

I sigh as I push my paranoia back. It is not going to help me if I keep this up. I'll burn myself to the ground, that is for sure. Instead, I force my attention in grabbing my clothes and taking a bath. I don't know if the prince or Charmer notice, but I haven't bathed for two days. I must stink badly.

Once I grab everything I need, I go through the door that was near the doorway I walk through. This door leads me to another large room, but not as big as the main room. Not bothering looking around, I make my way to the bathtub and see it already filled with hot water. I wasn't going to question as I feel my body warming up from being near it. I quickly strip my old clothes off, being careful with my jacket and Charmer's blazer, and get into the bath. Shocks spread throughout my body because of the sudden temperature change, but my body warms up. I see different bottles sitting on the edge of the tub, but I didn't bother with them. I just scrub the dirt off my body. Once my body is clean, I get to work with my hair. I grind my teeth together as I try to untangle my hair with my fingers. I should probably cut it short soon, but Dark seems to like it long. I didn't stay in the water for long as I get out and grab a towel that was hanging on one of the walls. I dry myself and put on some fresh clothes. As I go put on my jacket, I notice my hands are less blue now. I look at Charmer's blazer and decide to give it back to him once I wash it. The dirt from my jacket transfers on to it.

With that in mind, I walk out of the bathroom and make my way to the bed. Even the bed looks too big for me. I sit down on it. The bed feels like a cloud as I sink into it. This badly surprises me as I get up. Dark looks at me from his spot on the floor. I frown as I see that Dark is also dirty.

"Get in the bath." I commanded.

Dark huffs in protest but go into the bathroom. I know Dark does not like bathing, but he doesn't like being dirty even more. Just like my bath, Dark didn't stay in it for long. Once I was satisfied with him dry, we both go back to the main room and sit on the bed together. Now that I know that the bed isn't going to take me to another dimension, I relax and try to untangle my hair again. I couldn't brush my hair as I forgot to bring my hairbrush with me, so I have to deal with the tangleness with my fingers. After getting frustrated, I stop pulling my hair and just let it be. I jump when I hear a knock on my door.

"Lady TN," the butler's voice called through the door, "It is time for lunch. Will you be joining us?"

When he mentions it, I hear my stomach growling. I wasn't the only one as I also heard Dark's stomach growl.

"I'll be right there." I called out as I quickly get up from the bed and open the door.

Behind the door, I see the butler standing right in front of me. Just behind him, I see Charmer and Troublemaker.

"Alright." the butler said. "We should make our way to the mess hall."

The butler leads the three of us to the opposite direction of the training area. Dark and I try to hang out in the back, but it seems to me like Charmer wouldn't let me.

"Hello again TN" he walks right besides Dark and me.

"Hello." I said.

I want to end this conversation soon, but again, Charmer wouldn't let it go.

"Sorry to bother you again. I just wanted to check up on you to make sure you're ok." he looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine." I mumbled, looking away from him. "Is your sister okay?"

I hope this ends soon so I can eat and go back to my room to sleep.

At that he looks at his sister and says "yeah I think so. She's been quiet ever since she woke up though. The doctor says she just needs to eat and rest more"

For some reason I feel like it is more than just exhaustion and hunger, but I did not want to pried as this isn't my problem. I hope it doesn't become my problem either.

Note: If you don't know who Charmer, Troublemaker, and Prince, I'll list who is who here (Although it is easy to guess who is who). Jake is Charmer, Danielle is Troublemaker, and Prince is obviously the prince, Michael. There might be more nicknames in the future but I don't know yet. Until the next chapter, bye.