Chapter 34

~Michael's POV~

It feels like forever for us to reach where all of the commotion, but we finally get there. People are running away from the fire that was blocking the hallway into the students' dorm. Guards are doing their best to calm and direct the students who are outside of the fire, but it seems to be futile.

"Your Highness!" one of the knights called as he comes up to me.

"Report." I commanded.

"Sir, there was an explosion that went off not too long ago. We have not caught the culprit yet."

"We will deal with the one who did this later. Right now, rescuing the students is our top priority."

"Yessir!"

The guard moves to his fellow workers and repeats my commands. I look around, trying to find an opening so I can go in and help as many students as I can. Before I can rush into the fire, Danielle stops me.

"Let me" she stares at the fire for a minute before she closes her eyes in concentration. Before I could ask what she was doing her eyes shot open and glowed a light blue color.

She walks toward the fire, Before I can ask what she is doing, water forms in her hand and shoots out, calming the fire until it eventually goes out completely. She turns around towards me with the look of amusement on her face.

"There. Are you alright?" She asked, smiling knowing she had left me speechless.

Before I can even find my voice, I hear someone whistle somewhere to the right of me. I turn my head to see TN emerge from the flames. I can see the flames wrap itself around TN as if it was embracing her before being absorbed into her body.

"To think you have that power too?" TN said as she moves to one of the flames in front of us. "I was going to ask you to leave the fire to me, but it seems like I don't need to."

TN sticks her hand into the flames, making me flinch on instincts. I quickly composed myself, trying to hide the face that the fire isn't going to harm TN. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Danielle giving TN a smug look.

"Well of course. I copy everyone's power that they used in front of me. It helps me know them better and it makes me stronger" Danielle shrugs.

TN nods before looking at the damage in front of us. Danielle moves closer to me and leans up to my ear.

"Are you ok?" She whispered seriously.

I look towards TN and see that she did not hear us. I look back at Danielle only to find her staring into my eyes to make sure I was alright...I guess she saw me flinch.

"I'm fine. I was surprised, that's all." I said, avoiding her eyes and following TN further into the building.

Danielle follows from behind and sprays water when the flames get too close to us.TN seems like she knows where she is going as she passes room after room without double checking.

"Shouldn't we be checking the rooms just in case someone is in there?" I asked.

I was about to check when TN stops me.

"There are no people in those rooms. There are no heat coming from there." TN answered.

"Heat? But there are fires everywhere."

"I meant human heat." TN corrected herself. "I can detect different kinds of heat like animals and humans. Although it might change if the fire doesn't calm down soon."

"I'm trying my best. Maybe I should go ahead and scope it out. I can take out the big flames but I need a few minutes"

"I'll go with you." TN said. "Prince, go and find people and get them out."

TN stops and turns around. She walks up to me and pulls something out of her pocket. She grabs my hand and puts the thing in my hand.

"What is it?" I asked.

I turn the object in my hand. As much as I want to examine it, we don't have time for that. What I do know is that it is handmade.

"This is a whistle that I made to call Dark. Used this to contact him and have him relocate the people you find."

"Okay." I said as I put the whistle in my own pocket.

I watch as the two girls run into the fire and eliminate the flames that were in their way. Once I see them disappeared, I go to the nearest door that wasn't blocked by flames and break it down. Hot air blasts on my face, so I raise my arms to protect my face. It takes a minute to get used to the heat and I finally look inside the room. I see only one person, who was taking cover under the desk.

"Hurry and get to safety!" I shouted at the person before leaving.

I did not look back to check if the person heard me or not as I moved from door to door as quickly as I could. I can see which door has someone in it as the flames were doused in water or there are no flames in front of it. I only called Dark twice as I had no way of getting through the fire. I didn't know how long I had been running for but the heat and smoke seemed to be getting to me as it gets really hard to breath. I push on through anyways as I know there are more students trapped in their rooms.

It was once I reached the end of the hallway that I started to feel faint. I start to cough as I feel my throat tightening. I collapse to my knees, trying to get air back into my lungs, but smoke interferes. Before I can fully black out, I see someone moving my way. I try to make out what that person looks like, but the only thing I can see are their bright, yellow eyes.