Chapter 11

~TN's POV~

That motherfucking bastard!

That sorry excuse of a prince!

He has the audacity to think that he can threaten me!

Threaten me by using Dark like that!

Bullshit!

I madly slash and jab the dummy that was behind my house with my sword. I don't care how sloppy how my attacks are. The prince makes me so mad with that conversation that we have. Just thinking about it make me even more mad. And because I can't just attack the prince, the next best thing is attacking my dummy.

It's not working. If anything, it makes me angrier. So angry that I burn it to the ground. My body is getting colder by the minute, but I don't care.

I don't know how long I was watching the dummy turn into ashes, but it was long enough for the moon to be high in the sky. I didn't even realize how late it has gotten until I hear Dark barking behind me. I turn around to look at him, just staring at him.

Because Dark has my attention, I can finally notice how worn out I was.

And cold. Extremely cold. So cold that I almost see how blue my skin is. I drop my sword and land heavily on the ground. I suck as much air as I can and rub my hands together to get warm. I feel Dark coming closer to me and wraps himself behind me. I lean back, laying my head against his side, feeling his warmth transferring to me. I relax.

Dark whines, asking what is wrong. I turn to my side and bury my face in his fur.

"We have to leave tomorrow," I mumble into his fur. "We have to leave."

I tremble quite badly, but it is not from the cold. Today has been so hectic that I don't even know what to think of it. It started as a normal day which turn into a girl trying to help me which turn into a prince threatening me to go to this school for people with powers. It is too much for me to handle.

And the thing that that girl did to Dark. Just thinking about it would have made me angry if I wasn't so tired. I have so many questions about her.

Who was she?

What did she do to Dark?

What was that thing she did to move those vines?

It is not uncommon for different people to have the same powers, but it seems to me that this girl just learned how to control vines. Something about her makes me cautious. Makes me feel uncomfortable of how easy it is for her to use her powers. She scares me.

And the prince. He saw the whole fight. He watched us fight and didn't help. What makes me mad at him the most is the way he wanted me to go to this school of his. How he 'persuades' me into going there.

-----

I'm sitting in my seat, waiting for this prince to show up.

Why would he want me, a witch? What is so interesting about me?

Just like the girl that defended me, the prince seems to not know my reputation. It makes me feel bad for them. Someone should have at least warned them about me.

And another thing about the prince, he seems like he wants something from me. I don't know what, but I can tell you that it is something that I'm not going to like at all.

Speak of the devil, Mr. Royal Highness is here.

I watch him walk in and taking a seat in front of me with a table between us. Maybe if we have some tea and some sweets, it'll be like having tea with your friends. Except it is not.

"So, before we begin, I would like to ask what your name is," the prince says.

I say nothing. I just stare at him, trying to make him uncomfortable. It didn't seem to work. He just stares back.

"Are you not going to tell me," he asks.

"No," I reply bluntly. "There is no point in giving my name to you if you are just going to forget it later."

"Is that so?"

He hums. His face shows amusement from the answer I give him. Irritation is a normal thing I feel when it comes to human interaction, but something about him makes me irritated even more than usual.

"Alright then. Can you tell me what your power is?"

"Why ask me something that you already know?"

"I just want to get a clarification. That's all."

I go silent again. I don't know what this prince is playing at, but these questions are getting on my nerves.

"What do you want," I ask, having enough of this pointless chattering.

"I want you to go to this school that I would like for you to attend."

This stuns me. I was not expecting him to say that.

"You want me," I slow repeat, "to go to school?"

"That is correct," the prince confirms, smiling at me.

That face maybe handsome, but it is not fooling me. I narrow my eyes, glaring at him.

"And why should I?"

"You have potential. Something about you is different from other people."

"What if I refuse to go?"

From the way this conversation is going, I'm afraid that something is going to happen.

"Let's just say –"

-----

I stop myself before I can go any further. I let out a frustrated groan which was muffled by Dark's fur.

Dark, who sense my frustration, licks my cheek. Although it did help a little, it still doesn't stop the tears building up in my eyes.

"You don't deserve this," I say, my voice cracking with emotions. "You don't deserve this at all."

I'm shake badly, from both the cold and the angry.

"Why do it always happen to me? Why can't they just leave us alone?"

My voice gets louder and louder, almost to the point of screaming.

And then suddenly, I stop. I stop shaking. I stop talking. I just stop.

I feel so numb. My limbs are heavy like boulders and my mind is blank. My vision slowly goes away, sending me into the void.

And when the sun comes up, waking me up, I know I have to face my reality.

What choice do I have?

Written By: TN