Chapter 23

~Jake's POV~

I'm sitting in the same room that my sister was laying in when she was unconscious, except this time it's TN. She has like ten different blankets on her to get her temperature back to normal and the doctor says that she needs to rest.

Danielle is sitting on the other side of the room and the prince next to her. A worried look on his face. I'm worried as well but upset with myself that I didn't notice earlier. When I gave her my blazer I should have known she was way too cold.

I feel stupid that I didn't catch it. I look to where Dark is sitting next Danielle as she pets his head in comfort. Telling him encouraging words that she's going to be ok.

"To think this has been going on since she got here." the prince mumbled to himself. "What kind of prince am I if I can't tell that she was sick?"

"I noticed but it was too late, don't beat yourself up about it" I said.

The prince was about to say something but was interrupted by Dark jumping on top of the bed and laying next to TN. I was about to push him off but see TN's face. Her face was twisted in pain. Dark licks TN's cheek and it seems like she calms down by it.

"We should let her rest." the prince said as he got up.

He moves to the door but didn't step through it. He looks behind him.

"I'm staying, you can go" I said looking at TN.

I look back to the prince still standing at the doorway and I sigh "I still don't understand what happened"

My sister looks at me weird and says "she passed out that's all. Her body temperature being to low"

I look at TN again and think back to the day she told me of her power, fire. But if that's the case then I am highly confused.

The prince sighs and walks back to stand next to Danielle.

"Are you wondering why her body is cold even though she uses fire?" the prince asked. "It is true that fire manipulators' backlash is usually overheating, but I believe that TN controls her fires differently. I don't know how or why, but only TN knows."

I laugh "seriously? Have you never heard of the story of the first four people who had them?"

"I'm surprised that you know the story of the Elemental Warriors." the prince commented.

"Of course our father told us. The thing that confuses me is that she shouldn't have a backlash" our father told us the story of the four elementals that saved the world. They were the most powerful and didn't have a backlash and the people with those powers didn't either.

"True." the prince said. "But there might be a reason why she has a backlash."

"Get out if you are going to talk or you could all shut the hell up and let me sleep."

We all jump from TN's voice.

"You're awake! How do you feel" I say as I get closer to her to inspect to make sure she seems normal.

"Cold." she said. "Hey, do me a favor and set me on fire."

"What?" I said, extremely confused.

"Set me on fire." TN repeated.

I was confused until I saw Danielle walk up to her and put her hand on TN's head. Ohhh I got it now but how did she know

She closed her eyes and a couple of minutes later Danielle stepped away from TN and said "your temperature is back to normal"