Painfull Discoveries!

Baekhyun's POV
Beakhyun awakes with a gasp at the myriad of sensations coursing through his body, this is so much more then the slightly embarrassed heat he felt as he finally fell asleep against his alphas pelt. Aided by the soothing pheromones Chanyeol had admitted to help him get comfortable sleeping outside, as Chanyeol in his wolf form nudged him in to the crook of his flank to use as a pillow. He remembers he was out like a light, exhausted from the days travelling and their declarations of love. Now those the haze of pain hinders what he remembers of their heated make out session!  It was the most romantic moment of his life, how Chanyeol declared his want to mate with him! How safe he felt in those strong muscled arms, as his lips were caught in a kiss that was definitely not suitable for a couple yet to complete their first claiming!

He can't remember how long they stood under the soft glow of the moon, but he does remember the strength of Chanyeol's pheromones and his clear intent of those bruising kisses. It felt so amazing and yet surreal to be dipped back 90 degrees, his own pheromones in overdrive, his mate truly is a gentleman with iron clad control to of not taken their kiss to the next level. Now he's consumed by a burning heat that's ripping apart his insides, it's like a vice has gotten hold of his abdomen and is tightening the screws! He can't help the whimpers he releases when he notices the soft silky pelt he was laying against is gone! His body is laced in sweat, his throat is parched and to his shame something wet and sticky  is running down his backside to his thighs.

Gasping for air as another wave of pain assaults his hips, his back fells like it's on fire and that sticky substance nis clings to more then his backside. Everything hurts, as he whimpers out in pain he can vague recall the old nurse at the temple explain what this is, he just never imagined it would hurt so much! Even his nipples chafe against the cotton robe he prefers, Baekhyun feels the tears at his eyes as finally focuses on the the tree line in front of him. Chanyeol is nowhere in sight, making his wolf howl out at the absence of those pheromones. His wolf frantically looking around for their mate too, as their link seems devoid of his presence. Oh god does this mean Chanyeol has changed his mind about him, has his traitorous body's reactions disgusted his mate!

He can't bare to look at the nature surrounding him, or the light of the dawn and closes his eyes. The pain in his abdomen has him curling up in a foetal position, and breathing deeply in the scent of the pine and flowers of the forest. It helps calm his wolf forcing him to finally to curl up, and with each slow inhale and exhale Baekhyun finds he can concentrate on something other then the fire ripping out his insides. He's so busy trying to calm himself with the breathing and the hope he will be able to get up, that he doesn't hear the hurried steps inching closer. Finally stretching out onto his back to watch the birds fly above him. A whimper leaves him when the face of his concerned mother finally materialises in his vision, swiftly followed by one of his hands to his forehead and that gentle tap to his nose.

"Chanyeol was right, oh my moon child your heat has taken us all by surprise."

"Mother it burns!"

"I know my moon child, relief is on the way, Jongdae is making you some wild raspberry leaf and mint tea. It will help with the pain."

"Chanyeol is he angry with me, why is he not here mama!"

"Oh moon child he is not angry with you, not at all! Remember what the old nurse said, it's hard for Alpha's to be around their intended on a first heat, they can force unclaimed to submit into improper mating! The supreme alpha was shaking when he woke your father, he didn't want to leave you my darling but he is an honourable wolf and sought our help. He told your father and I that you both declared your feelings for each other, I promise you my child you will be back in his arms soon.