19

nova

i was sitting on the bleachers, cheering jay on as he ran across the field. i was literally bouncing on the bench, excited. i'm not a sports fan but i would put up with it any day just to see jay on the field.

it was half time and i walked over to the little barricade that separated the teams from the crowd. i leaned forward as i watched him jog up to me.

"nice play." i smiled as he caught his breath.

"i told you, you're my lucky charm." he smiled, using his jersey to wipe the sweat off his face.

yes i looked at his body and lord was it a sight to see. "saw that." he smiled softly, chuckling.

"saw what? i wasn't looking at you like that." i laughed, softly pushing him. he held my hand and intertwined our fingers.

thank god it's dark.

"don't leave before the game aight?" he kissed my knuckles before going to his team. i laughed as the couch hit him upside the head. he turned and gave me a wink before focusing on what they were talking about.

"sorry y'all didn't win." i said as we walked to his car.

"it's cool, we still got a few more game until the season is over, then it's basketball season." he put his bag in the trunk and walked up to me.

"so you take no breaks huh? okay." i wrapped my arms around myself, shielding myself from the cool breeze.

"i need to get into college somehow right. a nigga ain't that book smart." he chuckled, "you need a ride?" he leaned against the hood.

"i'll uber home." i waved my phone around.

"come on now, you ain't never ubered home before, i'll drop you like i always do." he unlocked the doors and we got in.

"you hungry?" he glanced over at me as he drove out the school.

i could eat." i shrugged, hiding my smile.

"see you on monday." i said as he stopped a few houses away from my house like he always did.

not the type to have my ass beat.

"thanks for coming to my game shorty." he held my hand again. i smiled softly again and my eyes fell on his lips.

"you real pretty you know that?" he held my chin, pulling me closer to him.

"thanks." i whispered.

"don't be shy around me now," he chuckled before leaning in, his nose touching mine, "you sexy when you confident." he said before kissing me. and yes bitch, i kissed the fuck back!

i moaned lightly against the kiss as his hand rubbed my thigh through my jeans. i held the back of his neck as he kissed my jaw and then down my neck, "no hickeys, my momma." i told him making him laugh.

"i got you." he came back to my lips and stuck his tongue in my mouth, gripping my thigh.

he bit my bottom lip as he pulled out the kiss and smirked at me, "goodnight nova."

"night." i smiled shyly as i opened the door but he pulled me back and gave me another kiss before letting me go.

i walked home, daring myself to not turn around and look. i failed. he was watching me walk to the house and i watched his car leave as soon as i opened the door.

i heard my mom in the lounge so i went to her, "hey momma." i sat on the furthest couch from her.

"hey baby, how was the game?" she looked at me.

"it was good, i'm going to go to bed, i'm tired." i stood up.

"guess who's back?" she smiled at me. i raised my eyebrow but then ran to the room.

"nola!" i squealed even though she was asleep.

"what bruh?" she groaned, sitting up. i jumped in her arms and she chuckled softly as we hugged tightly.

"i missed you so much." i said, pulling out the hug.

"i missed you too but uh, why you smell like a nigga?" she raised her eyebrow.

i quickly closed the door and sat on my bed, telling her everything.

junior

i was sitting in angelica's room as we discussed the poem. the contest was close and we were getting somewhere finally.

we couldn't meet at my house like we usually do because dad said there's something he needed to sort out i didn't want angelica seeing that side of my life. she was on her bed while i sat at her desk, the chair facing her.

"instead of saying garden of eden, how about we use alkebulan?" she asked me.

i looked at her. the curtains were opened and the sun was hitting her legs, making her melanin pop. she wore yellow shorts and a white tank top and her weave was in a low bun. she was all types of beautiful.

"alke-what?" i raised my eyebrow earning a laugh.

"alkebulan. it's arabic for 'the ones that came before' but it also means 'mother of mankind' and 'garden of eden'. so i think it would be better if we used that." she explained.

"that's fire." i nodded, jotting it down in my notebook. "so how's your part coming along?"

"it's good, it needs a little work but it's good." she nodded, "do you want to practice?"

"sure." i put down my pen and picked up my book. "i want to be inside you, not sexually but cosmically." i started. "i want to know what gases make your star shine, what elements make you so gorgeous. your beauty is radiant like Orion or a supernova. it's a shame i won't get a taste." i put my notebook down.

the poem was a back and forth between two lovers. at first she wasn't too into it but eventually she liked it. i haven't heard her part yet so it was like a reveal for the both of us.

"i want you deep inside me, not sexually but metaphysically. i want to know what your Saturn rings feel like." i got up and sat on the edge of her bed, she paused for a second then continued.

"your bright moons hypnotize me into delirium, it's orgasmic. i want us to have our own Big Bang and have our own planet." i leaned closer, making her fall back.

i got in between her legs and stared at her lips before looking in her eyes, "it's a shame you won't get a taste." she finished. i licked my lips and leaned down to kiss her.

she hesitated before kissing me back. i lifted one of her legs and wrapped it around my waist as i deepened the kiss.

"stop." she whispered. i leaned back and stared. "you're still in a relationship with kenya and i don't need that, especially not right now." she got up.

"angelica! i need your help!" a man yelled from the other room.

"i'm coming!" she yelled before looking at me, "you need to leave. we'll only see each other at the library." she stood by the door.

"angelica listen..." she handed me my things and lead me out the house.

"tomorrow at lunch at the library." she said before closing the door in my face.

"fuck!" i kicked the grass before walking off.