24

a/n: i'm about to shock y'all and myself too.

omari

"i'll call you later baby okay?" i said to darnell as junior set up the game in the living room.

"okay, bye." she sang before hanging up. i put my phone on the table and grabbed the second controller.

"i was 'bout to say, y'all been on that phone since you got here." he laughed as he picked his character.

"i just like hearing her talk, yknow?" i bit my lip as i focused on beating him. he was always so good at these games. "yo why yo dad never home man?" i asked randomly.

ever since i knew junior, i've only seen his father twice, other than that, junior stayed in this big ass house by himself.

"he always out, but a nigga used to it. i think it's low key preparing me for college anyway." he shrugged, hitting me with a combo that made me groan.

"you going out of state?" i kicked his character in the stomach, sending him flying.

"thinkin about it." he answered quickly before beating me, "we should have put money on this." he laughed as he stood up.

"so you can rob me in broad daylight? nah nigga i'm good." i laughed, watching him walk to the kitchen.

"yo you want something?" he asked me.

i stared at him. junior was attractive as fuck. his skin was a nice shade of brown, real smooth too. we were almost the same height, i just had a few inches on him. he was lean but a little muscular and had nice, white, straight teeth, probably from years of braces.

i was bisexual but nobody knew that. in these parts, men who weren't straight weren't given freedom like the rest. funny how a bisexual girl is sexy but a bisexual guy is disgusting.

"omari man, you hear me?" he snapped his fingers in my face.

"oh yeah, get me whatever you getting." i gulped, watching him nod before going back in the kitchen. i licked my lips as i watched him bend slightly to grab two bottles of water.

"there you go." he tossed it to me and thanks to my reflexes, i caught it.

"thanks nigga." i took a sip and reloaded the game, taking my mind off of what i wanted to do to him.

i know i'm in a relationship with darnell but i can't deny the feelings i've had for junior since freshman year when we were placed together at math. i feel bad for using darnell as a deflector but that doesn't mean i don't love her as well. i was torn.

"my nigga you good?" he put down his controller and looked at me.

"what?" i snapped out my thoughts and focused on him, "what you say?"

"i was sayin, kenya been getting on my nerves lately. i'm thinkin of finally breaking up with her. for real this time." he leaned on the arm rest of the couch and put his hand that had a few silver rings on his waves.

"about fuckin time bruh, y'all's relationship was played out anyway." i took another sip of my water.

"shit, you right. a nigga can't breath when she around." he chuckled, the laugh coming straight from his throat. "nigga you been spacing out a lot, you okay? you know you can talk to me right? we boys." he sat up.

and he has a big heart. everyone liked junior, it was hard not to and he had no hate for anyone or anything, his spirit wouldn't allow it. if he hated you, it was simply your fault and it took a lot for junior to hate someone. he was a listener, he never spoke too much and was a great friend. i couldn't count on both my hands and feet how many times he came through for me when he said he would.

i couldn't help myself, i leaned in and kissed him gently, moving closer to him and placing my hand on his cheek.

"what the fuck bruh?!" he jumped from the couch and stared down at me.

"junior listen, i can explain." i stood up and walked towards him but he backed up, putting himself in a corner in the kitchen.

"nigga don't explain just leave." he lowered his voice as i stood in front of him.

"i need you to calm down and listen." i ran my hand through my short dreads.

"i'm calm as fuck and i don't...." i cut him off by kissing him again, putting my hands on his waist, gripping his champion hoodie that smelled of his cologne.

"omari man, get the fuck off me, i swear." he pushed me but i held his wrists down.

"i like you." i told him, "not as a friend either. every time you said you loved me..."

"nigga i meant that as a friend or like a brother type love, not romantically." he cut me off.

"i know that but i still liked how it sounded. i like darnell but i like you too." i looked at his link chain and down his jeans before back in his eyes.

"you makin me feel weird my nigga, let me go." he fought against me but i pushed him against the wall, restraining him.

"if i let you go, you not gone hit me?" i asked, watching him struggle.

"no, shit!" he said and i let him go and backed up slowly.

"i'm bisexual." i told him, filling the silence.

"that ain't got shit to do with me. you can't be kissing on people like that, you gone get yo'self killed." he sat on the couch and rubbed his face.

i lowered myself onto my knee, getting on his level, "i've liked you since freshman year junior and i know your straight but i can't help it." i confessed.

"i don't wanna hear it, just leave my g." he shook his head.

i pushed myself up and kissed him again, making him lean back against the couch. i held onto his jaw as i deepened the kiss, internally smiling when he hesitantly kissed me back. i sat on the couch and pulled him closer by his neck, pushing my tongue into his mouth.

he let out a shaky breath through his nose as i sucked on his lower lip. he pulled out the kiss and looked at the floor, "you have to leave."

"but i..."

"now omari! just get out!" he yelled.

i nodded and grabbed my phone and left, walking home quickly. as soon as i got home, i jogged up the stairs, ignoring my mom and sister and locked myself in my room.

i looked at the picture of me and junior that was taken in junior year at our basketball game. i snatched it from my bedside table and threw it on the ground, cursing at myself for ruining our friendship.

a/n: so what do y'all think? i kinda like it. 💀