15

junior

"what you doin here?" dad bust in my room. i quickly hid my poetry and closed my laptop.

"school stuff." i answered, taking out a random book from my bag.

"then what you was hidin?" he quickly snatched my notebook and read my poetry. i watched as he raised his eyebrow as he flipped through the pages.

"it ain't nothin serious pops." i took back the book.

"so this is like yo hobby?" he sat on the edge of my bed.

"nah, ms g asked as to write poems." i lied.

"aight. we goin to yo momma house later so get ready." he pat my back then left. i nodded then closed the door behind him.

i was actually considering doing the whole poetry thing but i wasn't going to tell my family about it. lately all my poems are inspired by angelica. i could start a poem about anything but it ends up being about her and it's lowkey frustrating.

i sighed and packed up my stuff before getting ready.

nova

"i swear he isn't going to be here, please come lala." i begged nola. momma asked me to get nola here so we could clear the air.

"you sure? i don't wanna be in the same room as him." i heard her move around.

"if it makes it better...uhmmm bring cleo." i winced at my own words.

mama gone beat my ass.

"fine, we'll be there." she said.

"okay, love you." i said before hanging up.

i went downstairs to the kitchen where momma was making dinner. "she's coming but on one condition." i sat at the table.

"what's that?" she turned around quickly. momma only knows about nola because i tell her, other than that they have no contact.

"she's bringing her girlfriend." i closed one eye.

"that's it? okay." she smiled.

huh?

"what about daddy?" i sat up straight.

"his ass should be lucky he eatin at my house." she rolled her eyes.

"how did y'all meet anyway?" i tilted my head. like to me, they look good together but from different worlds.

"i was a hoe." she simply said making the both of us laugh.

"what?" i wiped my tears.

"i was in a relationship with my cousin's friend then left him for your daddy but was lowkey, no, highkey still in contact with him then there was isreal. wooah chile a whole mess." she explained as she stirred the pot.