1.

nola

"what are you wearing and where you think you going dressed like that?" my mom asked as nova came downstairs wearing itty bitty shorts, a tube top and some heels.

giving me hooker vibrations.

"a protest, i thought i said this." she flipped her ponytail.

"you're only 15, you not going out like that, go put something on." mom waved her off. i sipped my bottle of water, looking between them.

"but it's my body, my right, my choice." she whined, holding up her poster making me choke on the water, trying to hold in my laugh.

"i made that body, now go and change please." she pointed upstairs.

"oh my god!" she stomped to our room.

"i'm so glad you're not into all that." she smiled at me.

"that's what i'm here for." i smiled brightly. "oh by the way, can you blow out my hair, it's kinda sad lookin." i ran my hand over my hair.

"okay baby, come by the shop later on." she handed me my plate of breakfast.

"thank you." i smiled again.

"but you going to that protest to keep an eye on her." mom pointed at me, making me internally groan.

i dreaded having to go to that protest. it was hot, too many people, noise, it just was not my scene plus, what the fuck do i look like, rolling up to a protest where i'm suppose to be half naked in sweatpants and a tee? fucking stupid.

"yes ma'am." i whispered. nova came down, dressed in a short dress this time, showing off way too much skin.

"how's this?" she asked.

"better." mom nodded, putting out her plate.

i went upstairs and got in the shower, daydreaming about shit that's never gone happen. i got out, applied my mom's lotion then put on basketball shorts and a plain white tee.

there's some skin for they asses.

i didn't touch my hair because i was letting it air dry. i put on my ankle socks and slides before going downstairs. "you ready?" nova asked me, handing me a board that said no means no!

"yeah. see you later momma." we waved before getting into the uber that nova ordered.

nova

"why you dressed like that?" i asked nola, looking over her outfit. she's always dressed like a boy, i was lowkey starting to think some things.

"my body, my choice." she shrugged, looking up from her phone.

"but—never mind. you know javion is gonna be there? nothing sexier than a brother supporting a cause." i bit my lip, thinking of my crush. he was a senior and nola and i were sophomores but i don't care, we can make it happen.

"hmmm, and so is his girlfriend." she said, raising her eyebrow at me.

this hoe act like we not the same age, judging me and shit.

"okay and? that never stopped nobody." i ran my nails through my ponytail as the uber stopped across the street from the protest.

"thank you." we said in unison before laughing. i don't care what the doctors say, we are identical twins, period.