8.

nova

i don't even know why i was up so early, it's only six inna morning. school got canceled today because there was something about an emergency meeting, i don't care.

i heard sizzling in the kitchen so i peeped my head and saw a tall dark skin man with no shirt on, just basketball shorts and a blue durag.

uh uh, somebody call me 69 cause i'm telling

"sir? you're touching our food, in our kitchen, in our house. why's that?" i asked as i slowly walked down the stairs.

"that's how you gone do me nova?" he turned around and a bitch was flabbergasted.

"daddy? what you doin here? and where the rest of yo clothes?" i sat at the island, pointing to his chest.

"because i was—"

"trevante, you gonna have to leave because i've gotta very im—oh hey baby." momma stopped in the middle of the stairs and gave me a weak smile.

"hey momma."

"wassup shawty." dad and i answered in unison. i raised my eyebrow at my dad's choice of words.

"i was talkin to my child, but like i was sayin, i've got an important client today so you need to leave early, like now." she walked into the kitchen.

"but he's making breakfast." i poked out my bottom lip. "and if you both leave early, who gonna stay with us?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"y'all was going to come with me or go to a friend's house. trevante, stop touching stuff and go get dressed." she put her hand on her hip.

"aight," he took the bacon off the stove and turned everything off. he walked up to momma and put his hands on her waist, "gimme kiss." he looked down.

they so hood cute, i can't!

"no." she shook her head.

"no?" i whispered, looking at them.

daddy sucked his teeth but kissed her anyway. i cringed but at the same time it was cute. momma started kissing back, wrapping her arms around his neck. "when i say gimmie kiss, gimme a damn kiss." daddy said before pecking her.

"when are y'all getting back together because i want both my parents under one roof. i'm tired of migrating every weekend." i crossed my arms over my chest.

"we're not." momma got out of daddy's grip and walked to the pan, eating some bacon.

"we gone have to have that conversation again cause ion understand." i shook my head.

"same here, i feel like a bitch." daddy put his hands on my shoulders.

"i'm not dealing with what i dealt with years ago. all that damn crying and worrying, it's too much. i can't drop everything to run to your hospital bedside because you made a dumb decision. i'm too grown for that and i'm done being the only one fighting for us while you deep in somebody else. i've got three children to take care of, they're my main priority." she shook her head. i saw the tears in her eyes.

dang momma been through it with daddy.

"but you ain't gotta go through that no more momma." i felt my lip quivering. i'm so damn sensitive, it's annoying. i wish i was nola who was asleep.

"she right maya, you'n gotta go through that no more, i've changed. not having you and the girls with me all the time ain't right. you keep punishing me for mistakes i apologized and got crucified for. you think ion think about that shit? maya, all i want is for you to look past that shit and let me in again. i ain't that nigga i was 15 years ago, shawty i've changed so much, i've changed for you. you outchea claimin you'n wanna be with me but i woke up with you in my arms, you'n think that mess with my head?

i'm staying and you can do what you want shawty but ian goin nowhere this time. i know yo worth and i'm ready to pay that tax too, i just need you to trust me one more time because that's how many chances i need, just one, baby please." he begged.

big tears😭 this some movie shit, i can't with them.

"stop crying momma." i wiped my tears.

daddy walked up to her and wiped her tears, "i'm in love with you skylar but i need you to open up one more time, you think you can do that?" he held her. she nodded softly and hugged him.

"oh my god y'all so cute!" i wiped more tears, "i need to leave." i stood up and went to our room.

"why you crying?" nola asked me as i closed the door.

"you missed it sissy, daddy did this whole speech man, they back together now." i smiled.

"why you ain't wake me up?" she threw a pillow at me.

"and miss it? hell no, that was good quality tv. but yeah, what you doin today?" i sat on my messed up bed.

"cleo's place. she lives alone so." she shrugged, making her bed.

"y'all only been talking for three months." i scrunched up my nose.

"we're not going to have sex, relax. we just chilling." she laughed.

"hmmm, right. i'm probably gonna go to the mall with vanessa and 'em." i got back in the covers.

nola

"hey." i smiled as i walked up to cleo. i rode the bus over to her side and she was waiting for me at the bus stop.

"wassup baby." she gave me a hug and kiss. she held my hand as we started walking.

cleo is an affectionate person and her actions speak loud. sometimes at school she buys me lunch or skips class to see me at gym. she's always telling me i'm beautiful or that she loves me and that makes me so tingly bro. she's also been helping me figure out what i like and don't like, i didn't even know there was a term 'feminine stud' but here i am, feminine stud-ing this bitch.

"we here." she smiled, i was so caught up in my thoughts, i didn't realize we made it. she lived in a apartment complex which i guess is nice, shit ion know, i live with my momma.

"it's kinda small but it's all mine so, come in." she opened the door.

"it's nice." i looked around. it was small but very clean and it smelled good so i'm not complaining.

"you hungry? i didn't go grocery shopping, i can order something. this living alone shit is hard." she laughed, putting her jacket on the small couch.

"i bet, you gotta worry about rent, food, bills, you're one strong woman." i chuckled, watching her pull out her phone.

"is pizza okay?" she asked. i nodded and smiled softly. she makes me a punk, i swear.

"aight, i'll be back, you can sit on the couch." she kissed me then walked into her room.

she's just a girl, damn nola breath.

i coached myself as i sat down. my damn palms were sweating and shit, i didn't like that. i pulled out my phone and laughed at nova's message.

twin💕🔫

use👏🏽protection👏🏽

we not doing anything 😂
seen 11:38