3.

nola

i heard knocking on the door so i got up from the bed that i shared with nova and stretched. my legs shook and my bones cracked as i made a long whining noise. i pulled down my shorts and went downstairs.

"momma?" i looked over her outfit in shock.

"why you the one opening doors?" she stepped in the house, her heels making a sound against the wooden floor.

"i'm the one that heard you. why you here so early?" i yawned, covering my mouth and scratched my forehead.

"i'm here to make sure my kids are fed, now go wake up your sister and brother, i'll start breakfast." she walked to the kitchen, her weave swaying behind her.

i ran up the stairs, did my hygiene then woke up nova. "getcho fat ass up." i shook her.

"what?" she whined, rolling over.

"momma downstairs smelling like money and snatch yo man." i said, bouncing on the bed.

"what?" she shot up. nova was all for the drama but so was i, we're salon babies.

"she got her red dress on, the one that's real tight and stop at her thigh. she got on the strap silver heels and her hair and makeup is slayed to the damn gods." i told her. she rushed out of bed and i made the bed.

"momma!" she squealed as we entered the kitchen. junior was already downstairs with her.

"hey baby, i'm making breakfast." she smiled.

"maya? what you doin here?" we all looked at the stairs and saw dad and trina come downstairs, sleepy as hell.

"i had time on my hands so i thought i'd make you guys breakfast, hi i'm maya, their mother. you are?" she smiled at trina.

"momma a messy bitch." nova whispered to me.

"right, like we didn't tell her." i whispered back.

"i'm trina, you didn't have to make breakfast." she sat down as my mom made the eggs and bacon.

"yes she did." junior looked at her crazy, making us laugh.

"junior be nice to ms trina, i bet her cooking isn't that bad." mom said, putting the sausage links in the pan with the bacon.

"eh try again." nova said in her best nicki minaj voice. i bit my top lip to stop the laughter.

"baby, you still like your pancakes with the slightly burnt edges right?" mom mixed pancakes.

honey was coming for trina's neck.

"yeah." dad answered, watching her pour the batter in another pan.

"he said yeah." i whispered to nova.

"skee skeee skeeee." she wriggled her fingers over her nose and mouth.

"oh i was talkin to junior but i gotchu." she flipped her weave. dad rubbed his durag lookin real embarrassed.

"yes i do mom." junior laughed with us. i swear we always laughing.

"so trina, how long have you two been talking?" mom started making plates.