30

junior

"you aren't serious with your life." nola shook her head as i tied up my laces.

"it's just the beach lala, nothing is gonna happen plus i'll have my insulin." i got up from my bed and looked myself in the mirror, "one chain or two?"

"one, it's simple," she answered, "but you do realize that the sand can leave scratches on you and then boom, you ain't got no arm because you didn't feel anything."

"first of all, that's exaggerated and second, i haven't lost feeling yet so i'm good." he laughed.

"at least bring antiseptic and bandaids." nova tried to reason.

if it's not momma it's them.

"no." i shook my head, "now if y'all will kindly leave my room."

"you make it hard to love you." nova rolled her eyes before they left my room.

today angelica and i were going to the beach like i had told her we would. i'm not gonna lie, i'm a lil anxious but i really wanna get to know her for real. after getting my fanny pack with my insulin i went downstairs and found momma in the kitchen.

"this is nice." i smiled, seeing her add strawberries into a small container and put it in the basket. she knew about angelica and that's only cause she forced it out of me on some MoMs AlwAyS KnOw.

"you don't think it's too much?" she looked at everything in the basket. it was a little too full but i appreciated it.

"whatever we don't eat, i'll bring back." i laughed as she handed me the basket.

"do you have your insulin and bandaids?" she walked me to the car.

"yes ma'am." i waited for her to hand me the keys.

"and i'm only a phone call away alright? if you need anything." she brushed off my blue and white buttoned beach shirt.

"momma, i know. can i please have the keys now?" i smiled.

"okay okay but i'm home all day, just so you know." she handed me the keys, "be safe baby." she waved as i started the car.

"love you." i smiled before pulling off.

nola

"so what y'all doing all day?" momma asked as she walked back in the house as nola and i watched ex on the beach.

"nothin', what about you?" i asked, turning to look at her eat some fruit that was on the counter.

"nothing, the salon is closed today. something is wrong with the plumbing and i told your father to fix it since he didn't want me hiring nobody but he didn't so now keith is fixing it." she rolled her eyes.

i nodded before jumping up, catching her attention, "actually, i was thinking of getting a job." i sat at the kitchen island, eating out her bowl.

"oh, where?" she tied up her blonde weave.

"at a bar, it's really popular around here apparently. a girl in my class actually is the daughter of the owner so." i shrugged.

"what's the name of this said bar?" she asked.

"sir calvin's i think she said." i rubbed my nose.